RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't read a ton of the posts here but I get the gist. I have an '02 that I just bought with 11K miles and the weather has been too lousy to ride it very much.

We have a great dealer here in Jefferson City MO. They are onboard with the whole recall thing and will fix mine as soon as the kit comes in. They will have their best mechanic work on it and that's all they can do. Their warranty will only be 30 days or 1,000 miles, but if I can prove it breaks down due to their negligance they should fix it for quite a while.

Be pissed that you might have to wait on getting it fixed. I am. Be pissed that Yamaha won't step up to the plate on this. I am. But why turn the bike we love, into the bike we hate and the Company we hate unnecessarily. Lets give the dealer a chance to make it right. If he doesn't, then we can go balistic. I'm optimistic that they can do this repair. I plan to ask lots of questions, including, "hey man, if this was your bike what would you do? Would you let "mikey" tear it down and rebuild it.

Yes it sucks. I'm riding mine now, cause my local guy said he'd ride his if he were in my shoes. I figure with 11K miles it should have screwed up by now if it were going to. For those with new bikes, Yamaha has to keep the original warranty in effect. They gotta do that. Not trying to preach to anybody. Lets just let them know they'll be **** to pay if they screw up, but they can be a hero if they come through. If you have a lousy dealer, then look for a better one? And if anyone has clout with Yamaha, it's the dealers. Can't see them selling em all on ebay. Maybe if we lean on the dealers a bit for more warranty, etc. maybe we'll get it. But it's gotta happen with the dealers.

My two cents.

Paul

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Amen brother, went by dealer yeasterday, parts guy had to have a smoke after getting off the phone with a disgruntal customer. He said I wish everyone was like you. Then told me that because of my positive attitude and support that I was going to get the first performance parts and first service once the parts get in. Do you think the dealers are happy about being caught between corp. and the customer? I've found that by treating them nice that they are giving the best prices on performance upgrades and good service. Bitchen and moaning does no one any good and could really backfire on you.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm not angry with the dealer. They are getting the shaft, too. I'm not mad at the techs; they are getting it in the neck, but good.

I am FURIOUS at Yamaha. The reasons have been enumerated ad nauseam. One thing for everyone to consider: If the NHTSA had not FORCED Yamaha into this recall, would we know ANYTHING about the transmission problem? Ever?

Y'all be careful. Mine is parked and waiting.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:One thing for everyone to consider: If the NHTSA had not FORCED Yamaha into this recall, would we know ANYTHING about the transmission problem? Ever?

What does this hypothetical question have to do with the subject of this topic?

Personally, I have a great dealer and I have no problem trusting them to do the job right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts