RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help...

Thinking of buying a fairing and remember some of you had Givi's on your Warriors. I think A755.

Can anyone post pictures of how you attached them since they are supposed to be attached to the headlight mounts which the Warrior fdoes not have?

Pictures ???

What other fairing are uout there for the Warrior? I personally dont like the Yami one too much...

Ideas?

MAybe we could get a group buy or something too...

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I found a interesting comparison picture between the a750,a755,a760

I'm thinking about going w/ the a760 when I do it.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
If you guys do a quick search, you'll find all the answers you need

·
Registered
452 Posts
A little insight on this...these fairings are based on a 7" headlight as opposed toour 5 3/4" which makes it look a little odd. The are supplied with the universal headight hardware but the design is for the two side bolt headlights and again the RSW is not. I've seenthe A755 on a Warriorhere, but having had time to look at the possible application I just don't see an "easy" way. I would probably recommend some of their universal screens like the A660 or even the A602 which are handlebar mounted. The bars supplied with these screens may be a bit short with the orientation of the stock bars to the rake of the bike, but it could be overcome. Of course if you have anything over a 1" handlebar the universal screens are a no go.

That being said, the A760, or even the A770 would look the best IMAO.

Just my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

Been awhile since anyone posted on this but
couldn't find any recent opinions on the givi windshield. I'm looking for any
kind of protection from this windshield the A770 or any other model and
without alot of head bobble effect. Any help appreciated. Like the look
better than the yammi one and was gonna get the clearview but heard not
that good for taller people. I'm 6'2'' and travel 50 miles a day to work
roundtrip. Might just have to screw it and ride with nothin. Thanx for any help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was looking at this too, but ended up with a flyscreen. It works ok for me, but I'm 5'9", so it might give you too much headshake. If you do end up with the Givi, make sure to do a solid review of it. I think it's one of the best looking, on the market.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
I have the clearview lg on yammi brackets and at 6'2'" have some buffeting depending on how straight up i sit.. I am long waisted.. I have the memphis shades lowers on mine also which helps alot with the wind from around the bottom of the tank blowing up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice to hear a couple thoughts on this. Will post when i get one or the other. Givi is more cool but clearview recurve not bad and more practical. Clearview cheaper but need brackets so about the same.Thanx!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just bought the Givi A760 windshield. I know a few other people have various other givi shields but am trying to figure out what exact starter coil bracket to get for mounting the shield Are there 54 mm ones or 2.5 inch ones. Like a specific one. Don't know if i can get away with just the lower bracket on the forks. I haver CP1.25 inch drag bars.Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
If you can't find what you are looking for I personally know the owner of Christok Custom fibreglass and if you can tell him what you want he can probably make it for you

Christo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Givi A760

I'm 6'2" and no buffeting but only got it up to 60mph. I bought 2 MSD ignition coil brackets universal 2.25 inch from advance auto parts website for $8.49 each to mount on my forks for the lower bracket that came with windshield. The windshield came with upper mounting bracket 7/8 inch but my bars are 1 1/4 so i also ordered a 1 1/4 inch clamp kit (comes with 2) for around $15.00 from J&P cycles website part #ZZ75388 which are identical to the one's that came with the shield just bigger size which just replaced on the 2 round bars that come out from the upper shield which has 2 round rods. Had to heat up coil brackets which are bent out to straighten with propane torch. Only had taken about 1-2 hours to put on once had parts. Didn't quite like the Givi 755 which is a little smaller and they all with have a little gap around headlight because meant for bigger light.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys I've been looking for a fairing as well. I have been talking to the folks over at Motorcycle Parts & Accessories for Cruisers: Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Harley, Goldwing just a couple of days ago. And this morning a new fairing has popped up for the warrior. Here's the direct link Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing - Various Metrics
Just below is the required mounting kit as well I hope this is what your looking for. Also has options for speakers iPod radio with another kit option.

·
Banned
1,864 Posts
I am looking into other soltions for Bikini fairings. There are many potential solutions across the spectrum of suppliers and materials. Here is a pic of what I am going for, this is an EMCO sccreen in ABS. The real chjallenge is mounting.

Airtech has their design and production facilities in a buildings 25 minutes from my home. I am going over there to discuss mounting and the various products trhey make for bikini faairings and will post the results of that conversation.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts