RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Maxwell and this is my first Yamaha. (boy I can't wait for my 60 day pin)
I have had a Suzuki and Honda sport bikes before the Warrior, and although it has taken a few miles to get used to the new bike I am enjoying it greatly.

Foot position, seat position and acceleration were tough to get used too but the more I ride the more I am enjoying the Warrior. I love the torque and grunt of the V-Twin. And although I have been reading alot about the Warrior here and other sites on the web, before I purchased my first V-Twin, I am still amazed at the cornering ability of the Warrior. It's all around a superb scooter!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
quote:Originally posted by xenarchi

Nice ain't it!

heh heh [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Yes it is
Congratz on you first Yamahammer
Welcome to the forum.[8D]

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Welcome!

After a while you will wonder how you ever spent time on a less comfortable (i.e. sportbike) motorcycle.

And yeah, as the pipes on most of our bikes will show you...the Warrior is a beast in the corners for its size. Its favorite seems to be the wide sweepers at high speeds....off ramps are my favorite thing around here (no curvy roads nearby).

Chris.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Welcome, since I have a sportbike and the Warrior, I'm finding I'm more comfortable on my Z1000 vs the Warrior. On the Warrior I don't like having my legs in front of me anymore.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Welcome, You will enjoy the 4M and the bike. I had the problem of looking for the pegs too. It goes away in a few days. Have a blast.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Some of us here are old enough to remember the early to mid seventies slogan "Someday you'll own a Yamaha". I thought they were crazy, I rode Kawasaki. But three of the last 4 I've bought have been Yamaha. Nuff said.

·
Registered
735 Posts
This is the first bike I bought. Can't say I'd be happier or that I'd want any other. A great compliment to Yamaha in general and this site was my dad (VTX1800) and bro-in-law (Fat Boy) were both talking and my bro-in-law said "It actually seems Yamaha now has a stronger and more faithful rider base than Harley and not as "yuppie" as Harley is now." Then my dad chimes in "I know, that web site Mike gets on for his bike is great. I mean, they know everything about that bike. I wish they had something like that for my bike." All I could do was smile. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Congrats on your purchase Maxwell! and along with others, welcome to the forum. The foot position will feel just right in just a few miles, but maybe the handlebar position won't - if you get sore in the upper back, consider replacing the stock bars with something with more pullback.

Your first V-Twin and it wasn't a Harley - you were true to what you rode first, a good thing IMO. This is why in one or two generations Harley will be a novelty and clothing manufacturer. Have a blast, ride safe and enjoy what all of us consider to be a great motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Welcome on board motorcitymax and the transition only takes acouple days a lot of us on here are from the sport bike side. And the cornering is great just have to replace the soles on the boot more often as the foot postion takes getting used too[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome, alot of guys here transitioned from sport bikes. I think you'll end up loving that bike and this site.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts