RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I decided to go big as I already am home. After looking at Teck's bike and a lot of other buildsand seeing a Hyabusa done up with a 330 the other week, my 260 just was not big enough anymore so I decided to go big. I have heard from other sources, including the local company here (slingercycles) that built the Hyabusa, that the 360 tire is not driveable but the 330 is so i decided to go 330. Today i received the first part of my build. My tire (Avon Venom 330/17) that I got from Bourget's Bike works arrived today and I could not contain my excitement anymore and just had to tell someone. The build will probably take a while as I would still like to drive my bike this summer but who knows I may changemy mind as soon as I get all the parts done.

My wheel has been sent off to Kylenv for widening. Stock wheel is 6 inches wide. My wheel will return to me 12 inches wide. I should get my wheel back by the end of May. The swingarm is another matter. it will have to be severely modified to fit my 13 inch wide monster tire. (Yes Teck you would have to have a really large arse for it to look big compared to this tire)

I will be going strutless(stayless)with a new fender I am developing called the splittail. I will also be converting over to chain drive and will probably be extending the swingarm length by a few inches.

I have attached a few picture to show the difference between the stock tire and the 330 as well as the stock, 260 and 330. I will surely be counting on the help and advice of some of the members who have modified their swingarms and have gone to chain drives as I do not believe there is a way to fit this tire with a belt drive without modifying the frame.
I will keep this thread updated as i go along. I am going crazy here with anticipation although it could be said that i am already a little crazy.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
Well the "one-uping" didn't take long... Crazy cool stuff man!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Awsome! Cant wait to see it done! Have you already decided what kind of fender your goin to make to fit that monster?

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Hey Christo,

Can I say holy wide arse batman!!!!

I reallt want to see what it looks like. Keep us posted. That 330 makes my 280 look like stock size tire...lol

Randy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Check out Ebay for the Swingarm. BMS choppers had a custom one for the warrior listed a couple of weeks back for around $500. It might still be there?

·
Registered
619 Posts
You could do like some members have and go single sided swingarm .....either way WOW it will be awesome

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Cristok, go single sidearm, it will be probably much easier to deal with the width, plus it will look much cooler. If I had the choice now, I would go single. Also, I would use struts... don't go strut-less.

Congrats on your project! :)

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cristok, go single sidearm, it will be probably much easier to deal with the width, plus it will look much cooler. If I had the choice now, I would go single. Also, I would use struts... don't go strut-less.

Congrats on your project! :)
Why strutless Teck? I am presently makiing a strutless fender for another member with a 280. I made a bracket that attaches to the cross member behind the seat to support the fender. Everytime I take the struts off my bike to work on a fender it just makes the rear tire look so much bigger. Have not decided the direction I will go for the swingarm yet. I am like a kid who just got his first bicycle

·
Registered
883 Posts
First a post about 300 then a 330. I'm gonna overdose in awsomeness!!!

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check out Ebay for the Swingarm. BMS choppers had a custom one for the warrior listed a couple of weeks back for around $500. It might still be there?
I'll check it out. I called BMS to get some info on their swingarms. I was directed to 2 different departments and finally left a message with a person who after over a week still has not called me back. I don't like dealing with companies who don't care enough to make a simple return phone call.

·
Registered
584 Posts
man,...can't wait to see the finished product,....you're still insane :) is the oxygen level where you're at thinner :)..:)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Interesting..... but anything that fat is.....

I'm anxious to see the final outcome. Good luck Glassman!

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
Ha! I knew you couldn't keep it quiet, soon as you get the tire blab, blab blab :p I sorta hinted at it with the 300 thread with the one up thing:D now that I've heard of the 360 wont be long somebodies gonna one up ya. crazyass Canadian:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ha! I knew you couldn't keep it quiet, soon as you get the tire blab, blab blab :p I sorta hinted at it with the 300 thread with the one up thing:D now that I've heard of the 360 wont be long somebodies gonna one up ya. crazyass Canadian:rolleyes:
360 is not much bigger than a 330 and the 360 rides terribly or so i have been told. maybe they will come out with something in the 400 series - until then I will try to work out the 330 and then when they do get into the 400's I'll sell you my 330.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts