RS Warrior Forum banner

Gonna get a new tranny

426 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Dice 
#1 ·
I just found out there were bad things going on inside my gearbox!
I called the service manager at my dealer to see when I'd be getting my bike back , His reply was, "When all the parts get here". OK what parts? He said dude your transmissions junk!. Now the only beef I had with my trans was it hung up in second gear going for third once in a while but nothing other than that, it's done that since it was new. He said your shift drum is bad a couple of forks are wasted, and like three bad gears, You don't have any warrenty left but I got Yamaha to cover it. Thank god I tipped him 25 bucks when I dropped the bike off. Anyway has anybody else had unsuspected carnage found in their transmissions during the recall?

#6 ·
About 12 thou, I dont know, like I said my problem was from second to third, he may just be doing me a favor and replacing every thing that has to do with the two gears and telling Yamaha there was a problem related to the recall, I like give to anyone the benefit of the doubt before I pass judgment. And besides who am I to complain about free new parts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.