RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. new to the board here. just a quick question.

i am considering buying a warrior. i have two in mind rite now. one is a 04 with 14k on it and big shots. asking $8699.
the other is 03, big shots, Power Commander, 9500 miles for $7500.

any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
It's a good season to sell, bad season to buy right now. How many miles on the 03? The 04 seems a little high priced - both should probably be between $7 - $7.6K. If you keep looking you could get a lot more accessories and mods for that price range though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by kevingonad

It's a good season to sell, bad season to buy right now. How many miles on the 03? The 04 seems a little high priced - both should probably be between $7 - $7.6K. If you keep looking you could get a lot more accessories and mods for that price range though.

i own a 02 sv650s rite now. and am well aware of the season. im trying to sell my svs. as soon as i do i want to get a warior. the 03 has 9600 miles. the 04 is at a dealership. i mite be able to hack off some of the price, and get the otd price down. the 03 is a private guy who i actually a member on this site. his bike is for sale in the classified section.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
By the info you're giving us.........I say the 03[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

But you need to check both bikes out and see witch one has been taken care of the best, less miles is not necessary better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with Kevingonad, not the best season to buy. I will tell you I picked up my 02 in Dec. with 8k miles, BUB Pipes, BAK, PC III, Integrated tail light, fatty T bars, and a few extras for 6.9k. I would offer around 7k for the 03.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by 357WARRIOR

By the info you're giving us.........I say the 03[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

But you need to check both bikes out and see witch one has been taken care of the best, less miles is not necessary better.

hopefully i will look at the 03 thursday. i will post back with a follow up. the 04 loked clean when i saw it today. but i didnt have alot of time to look at it cuz the dealership closed. i did notice it had differnt bars on it. possibly the yamaha aftermarket bars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there anything in particular i should look for when i go and lok at warriors? anything to watch for?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
As was said on another thread, check for recalls. On the '03, many had internal upgrades done when the recall happened for the 02/03 years as that recall required that the case be opened. Check for any power commanders, and how beat up the bike looks in general, see if the upper belt guard is still atached, look at the belt and see if there is any damage, ask for a service record, etc..

JT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts