RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should we have a area that we can post our deals with other people on the site. I know we have the vendors area but should there be a seprate area or is okay to post good dealings with members in there. I just know there has been some incidents lately that don't look real good. It seems alot more bad dealings get posted then great. I know there is a **** of a lot more good then bad. It would just be nice to have a area to see who might or might not be good to deal with. I know I have meet a lot of good people (in person & in emails) on here and it would be nice for newbies or people that just looking to buy something to have maybe that little extra pieace of mind. **** I could be way off here but maybe someone else can put it in better words.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just wondering because I had posted some good dealings with members and it just didn't seem like anyone else was posted members in there. Just wanted to make sure that was a "ok" place to put them. Thanks.

Sorry about a sencond post.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
You know, that would really be worthwhile. A location in a person's profile where feedback is maintained, just like eBay. When you make good sales, other members leave good feedback and it is easily seen right there in your profile, no searching or other gyrations necessary. Same for bad feedback.

And some sort of indicator (red, yellow or green) in the left hand author column that indicates how much good or bad feedback a person has received. This way just by looking at any one post of a fellow you can see at a glance potentially how he stands in relation to his buying / selling trustworthiness.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
WarStar started a thread for people to post the names:
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10097

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
While it would be usefull to have feedback related to each person, it isnt neccessary for 99% of the people here, like JimBo said.

I will make that member list sticky so everyone can see it.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I'm not in support of feedback on or near your forum profile. Ebay uses it as community leverage for/against buyers and sellers being deadbeats. That's simply not necessary here, either to maintain it or to justify the time. I would consider the relative percentage of deadbeats on this forum VERY SMALL as compared to those found on Ebay. Feedback becomes a mudslinging contest, and can and does get inappropriately used - which shouldn't be the case here, 'cuz we're one big happy family, right [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]?

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jimboman

I'm not in support of feedback on or near your forum profile. Ebay uses it as community leverage for/against buyers and sellers being deadbeats. That's simply not necessary here, either to maintain it or to justify the time. I would consider the relative percentage of deadbeats on this forum VERY SMALL as compared to those found on Ebay. Feedback becomes a mudslinging contest, and can and does get inappropriately used - which shouldn't be the case here, 'cuz we're one big happy family, right [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]?

jimbo,

Well said! Lets not overdo something here because of a few exceptions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts