RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike to the shop Saturday April 3rd. at 1700 hours, the shop was closing and they told me they would start on my bike Tuesday morning. Since the shop is closed on Monday and Friday is a holiday I didn't expect to get my bike back before next week. I stopped by the shop yesterday on my way to church, and to my surprize the bike was ready. I couldn't pick the bike up because I didn't have my helmet, they offered to lend me one but it was looking like rain so I will pick it up today. That's the good news.
The bad news is out in front of the shop someone had been burning a lot of rubber, and my bike had just been ridden. I was so excited at the time that I fail to put two and two together. When I pick it up today, if there is rubber stuck to the rear fender, I am going to be very upset. If this is true and they have been dogging my bike, what should I do? Keep in mind that I am a real preacher, so I can't curse anyone, or stomp their guts out.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Do you wear a collar? If so have it on when you go get it. Then you can speak as softly as you like. If they don't want to be damned of eternity they'll give you a new tire and a donation for your church. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Preacherman

If . . . they have been dogging my bike, what should I do?

Some words of encouragement, my friend.

1 A psalm of David. O LORD, oppose those who oppose me. Declare war on those who are attacking me. 2 Put on your armor, and take up your shield. Prepare for battle, and come to my aid. 3 Lift up your spear and javelin and block the way of my enemies. Let me hear you say, "I am your salvation!"

22 O LORD, you know all about this. Do not stay silent. Don't abandon me now, O Lord. 23 Wake up! Rise to my defense! Take up my case, my God and my Lord. 24 Declare me "not guilty," O LORD my God, for you give justice. Don't let my enemies laugh about me in my troubles.

27 But give great joy to those who have stood with me in my defense. Let them continually say, "Great is the LORD, who enjoys helping his servant." 28 Then I will tell everyone of your justice and goodness, and I will praise you all day long.

Be encouraged Preacherman. If our Lord is big enough to help David out, surely he will also help you, also being his servant. Keep your trust in the Lord, and ask him to give you the right words and attitude. I am SURE this situation will work out great for you, for the dealership, and even others who may see the results of the Lord's hand.

By the way, I believe Christians have every right to get angry and sternly demand justice. Just go into the situation with ALL the ARMOR available to you. You cannot lose (no matter what the material outcome).

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Hi Preacherman,

It is unfortunate that these circumstances may hold themselves to be true. I feel bad for you if they are. Noone should have to feel as though they've been taken advantage of, especially by someone who you trust with something dear to you. However, your anger cannot undo what has already been done. To make amends, what do you feel they can do to remain accountable for their actions, should they indeed be true? That is the real question.

If you find peace in them replacing a tire, or firing the person that did it, or offering you free gear - those are questions only you can answer. The rest of it will take care of itself. If you demand retribution, maybe keeping it in the context of the situation would be beneficial to both you and the dealership. It's definitely OK to get mad, but what actions on your part would best benefit you - be honest? Don't let emotions cloud your judgement, as they are temporary - and often misguiding. Just my $0.02

P.S. On a side note, I'd be more than happy to stomp their guts out on your behalf; you know, just as a neutral third party [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, first of all for let me vent and secondly for your words of wisdom. I will give you an update this evening after I pick the bike up.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Words of wisdom from jimboman and baldeagle. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

`course, my natural inclination would be to join in with the stompin' that jimboman mentioned. Thank God for giving us, among other things, restraint.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I would like to believe that the extra rubber in front of the dealer was put there by whoever owned the tire/s putting the rubber down. Hard to believe folks at a shop would so blatantly abuse a customers trust. Hope it turns out so for you Preacher.

·
Registered
54 Posts
MAN. If they did your bike that way, that is blaten abuse of private property.Open a can of whoop*** on them Preacher, and I mean Allmighty can!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just point this out to the manager & ask him how this rubber got on his parking lot & on your fender. Compare the mileage on the bike & the wear on the tire.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Yeah, if it's true, then as a good starting point I'd put the ball in their court as suggested by aztech. I would tell them that I would be calling the BBB and possibly be pursuing legal options if they give an inadequate response. All this without ever raising your voice...

·
Registered
187 Posts
If it turns out to be true, direct them to this website. Word of mouth/internet travels fast. Then, of course, commence to stompin' guts.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the bike back Thursday evening and checked the rear fender, there was rubber stuck to the fender. I told the service manager about it, he stated that no one had ridden the bike except him and the guy who worked on it. He further stated that he didn't do it and neither did the guy who worked on my bike. Not satisfied with his answer, I request a meeting with the owner Tuesday. I've calm down since I first posted this on the site, all I really want now is for this not to happen to anyone else, that's why I am making the manager aware of it. I am satisfied with the work that was done and the bike runs great, so I guess I will leave it that. I no it sound like I am punking out but it's not worth it to me to get all worked up, which could lead to something bad. So I am going to forgive them and find another shop that will treat my property with respect. Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Preacher, You are not punkin out by any means . I wish I knew more people like you .I wish I was like you .The fact that you can handle this the way that you are , is proof that your program works . Thanks for your honesty . Your a better " MAN " then most..-Gary

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Mr. Preacher, we live in a country that gives us alot of rights and that's one of them. Everyone is consider innocent until proven guilty! So if you proved them guilty, go after what you think is enough punishment, maybe a new tire and an apology. Just because you're a preacher you don't loose your rights.
But that's my $.02
Good luck on Tuesday.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
WOW, that's just rotten. Who's to say they didn't do that outside the dealership as well on the "test" ride. I second Gary's thoughts and admire your restraint. Hopefully this irons out to your satisfaction.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts