RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me this nightmare will end soon.
Recall was done about two weeks ago, Took another trip down there to have them replace my front fender THEY dinged......now to top things off, I have a brand new, shiney OIL LEAK!!
So now, I get to drop off my bike yet again so they can hopefully get it right. If this wasn't actually happening, I would think it was funny!

·
Registered
453 Posts
We're in the same boat, got my bike back last week, small but shiny little oil drop on the garage floor. Was hoping maybe it was excess lube so waited a couple of days for ti to dry/drain. Ran my hand underneath the frame and it's wet...grrr!! Hoping it's something simple they can tighten right away and not leave it for a day or two 'till they can get to non-paying warranty work. Just hope it's not a gasket.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
You both need to take it back, it'll get resolved. When it's all over you'll have your bikes ready while others won't yet have theirs statred, at least you're ahead of the game compared to other folks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks JPWARRIOR for putting it in perspective you're right. I did start to question whether the recall was really necessary and when I asked my mechanic after he finished the job he said there was unusual wear on parts which he thinks was due to too much play between the gear, bushing and clip, and believes the new thicker parts he installed will prevent this. I didn't see the parts but if that's the case then I'm glad I did it and a leak is small compared to the tranny dying on a road trip.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Wash it all over and when dryed start the engine to see where is the oil leak or leaks. I have 4 oil leaks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realize I'm much better off than many. but including the damage they did to my fender, I'm really not looking forward to taking it back. Of course, I'm sure that having to deal with me yet again probably outweighs any inconvinience on my part!

I'm not real popular down there.....I actually expect to get what I'm promised. Silly me....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Suggestion before you take it back. Clean the motor well, ride it awhile and see if you still have a leak. I had a small puddle under my bike 'after recall' too. I think mine was leftover oil residue on the motor after assembly that ran down after the motor heated up. Other than an occasional drop out of a vent hose...haven't had an issue after a good clean up...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by ORWarrior

Suggestion before you take it back. Clean the motor well, ride it awhile and see if you still have a leak. I had a small puddle under my bike 'after recall' too. I think mine was leftover oil residue on the motor after assembly that ran down after the motor heated up. Other than an occasional drop out of a vent hose...haven't had an issue after a good clean up...

Two questions.
1. How long did it leak after you got it back....
2. Under what part of the bike did your leak appear? Mine is parallel to the kickstand......naturally it's at an angle.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have leaks on the top of both cylinders. The back one it is coming out of the valve covers. The front one looks like it is coming out of the valve covers, and the spark plug. I asked them what was up, the said leftovers from assembly, and to clean and watch. I am painting my wheels, which is turning out sweet, so I can't ride again to see.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Guys, when I did my Speedstar kit there was wettness in the rocker covers, the pushrod tubes, and at the base gaskets. It eventually burns off, keep an eye on those ones, if you have oil on the floor this is not normal and needs to be adressed.

DT, you are getting a new fender correct? I'm sure you're original one had a stone chip or scratch in it somewhere, mine certainly did. I know it's an inconvience to you but they are taking care of your issues so far and in my book that's being responsible. Sorry for you're troubles but I'm sure it will work out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
after riding my bike i always have a few drops of oil leak out of the tube on the left side at front of gas tank been doing this since new i just thought they all did it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hmmm...all interesting observations. I do know when I got my Warrior there was never a leak until I did the tranny recall which was after about a thousand miles on the odometer. Reason I know is that my first bike was a Suzuki Marauder that leaked 'till I got it fixed under warranty and since then, outta habit I always do a quick check for leaks on the garage floor 'cause I almost slipped on the oil spot the Marauder left. Goin' to ride to the dealer tomorrow and ask them to have a look.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just want to say, if anyone lives in the Louisville Ky. area, Wheels For Fun on Preston Hwy., did an excellent job on mine, no leaks runs fine, if you can get it in there, I highly suggest it. They really seem to no there stuff.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I guess I should consider myself fortunate in the fact that I bought a new leftover. ANY oil leaks will be warranty items for the first while anyway. Due to the recall or not. When you buy a new bike, it's not 'posed to leak oil...

·
Registered
559 Posts
So far so good for me. I pulled the seat and tank off as soon as I got my bike back and made sure the engine was clean from bottom to top and everything was secure. That was two weeks ago. I just pulled it apart again to recheck and it still looks good. I plan to keep doing this every two to three weeks for a little while until I'm sure I don't have any leaks developing ever so slowly. I hate being so paranoid, but I'm concerned that something will start leaking ever so slowly in an area that will make it hard to detect until six months down the road.

I know that if I keep looking for a problem then I won't find any problems. If I don't take the time to look for a problem then one is sure to develope. That's how it always seems to work for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
JUST WANTED TO SAY LAST YEAR MY BROTHER ON HIS O2 WARRIOR RODE 13,000 AND I RODE 15,000, AFTER BEING JERKED OFF BY YAMAHA ON THE SPEEDO RECALL, FUEL TANK RECALL AND THIS TRANNY NIGHTMARE HE SAYS HE'S DONE, YAMAHA GET OFF YOUR ARSES, ITS RIDIN WEATHER AND JUST CAUSE YOU'VE ALREADY GOT HIS MONEY DOESN'T MEAN ITS ALL RIGHT TO DO YOUR CUSTOMERS THIS WAY, NOT GOOD BUSINESS, HATE TO SEE ALL THE WARRIOR FOLKS SELL THEIR BIKES AND GET GOD KNOWS WHAT KINDA JUNK, CLEAN UP THIS MESS BEFORE WE TELL THE WORLD HOW BIG A PERCENTAGE OF YOUR NEW BIKE OWNERS HAVN'T BEEN ABLE TO RIDE FOR SIX MONTHS FOR FEAR OF DYING. I'D RATHER HAVE A HARLEY THAT I HAD TO CARRY AROUND IN THE BACK OF A TRUCK THAN A WARRIOR I COULDN'T RIDE,(NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D HEAR ME SAY THAT, DIDYA)
TELL EVERYBODY LOOKING AT THESE NEW WARRIORS WHAT KIND OF SERVICE YOU ALL HAVE RECEIVED, IF THEY WANNA SELL THESE NEW BIKES, LET THEM BUILD BACK UP THE REPUTATION THEY'VE ALWAYS HAD BEFORE WE KEEP HANDING THEM MORE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, PISSEDOFFSUNNY

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Uhhh... Sunny CAPS IS CONSIDERED YELLIN'. Chill out.
Scarman you subscribe to Murphy's laws too... I'd say if you don't have a leak now you probably won't down the road. Gaskets don't move on their own.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts