RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the local dealers has an 05 midnight holdover on the floor for $9599. I know thats below the MSRP but I'm looking for some opinions on what I should get them to throw in (i.e exhaust or whatever) or just have them drop the price more. It's been there for months because I have looked at it a few times. Also I am moving soon to another state so I am not worried about dealer service after the sale. I have an 03 ZX6RR now and will probably trade it in. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Having been a car salesman in my previous job, I can tell you throwing in freebies is a very tough sale.

If anything, negotiating the price is more likely to better thing to work on. They wont just pull a brand new exhaust off the shelf and throw it on the bike for nothing.

If the price is at or below msrp, you doing good for starters. That being said, have you considered a nice preowned that already has a bunch of mods done to it?? You might find this way an even better approach, unless you have your heart set on new. Just my 2 cents!...good luck brother!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
New, that seems like a great price. It never hurts to ask for the exhaust thrown in, maybe you'll get it. If not at least get some discounts on the extras you may want.
Welcome.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Sounds very good, if that is OTD. gchalifo makes a good point. If you look around and shop a little, you can probably found a good deal on a low milage preowned bike with some of the mods already done.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Price looks good to me. gchalifo makes some very good points. Keep in mind that the dealer probably does not have pipes or handlebars for the warrior in stock. And if he does, ask yourself, why?.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the input guys. Hopefully I will be able to get my bike over there this weekend and work it out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts