RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this just about sums up my year.

about 4 weeks ago i sent my mudguards,tank and wheels to a local painter to have it repainted and polished.

i went to see them about a fortnight ago to see how they were getting on and they told me i could have everything back just before xmas.

i decided that i would pick it all up after the new year else it would all just be lying about getting scratched.

had a message from my mate saying the company who are doing the work had called the recievers in and had gone into liquidation.

i rushed down there just in the hope some one might be there and the whole place is empty.

nothing of mine is there, no one to contact and its all locked up.

if i cant get my stuff back can i claim off my insurance? other wise im left with a frame and engine.

happy new year

bone

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Fookin' **** mate. Some guys have all the luck. I hope you get your tins back. See if you can find out who the receivers are. They cannot dispose of your property.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Hi Bone, somebody must have the name of the receivers, try the local council just in case the painter did not pay the council tax, ask nearby businessesas to where the owner lives somebody must know.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will do ken,but if i cant get hold of them or they have disposed of my stuff who is responsible to sort my stuff out?? i wouldnt like to think what the insurers would make of it if i have to try and make a claim.

happy new year to you ken

bone

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Bone,

The appointed receivers have to post their details at the premises of the business. They have to give full contact detailsin order for people like yourself to make a claim against the company being liquidated. If the work they were undertaking on your tins has been completed the recievers may ask you for the payment owed in order for you to get your parts back.

I hope you get things sorted, you've had more than your fair share of problems this last year.

Happy New Year to you and your family

Nick

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
yabhoa said:
i rushed down there just in the hope some one might be there and the whole place is empty.

nothing of mine is there, no one to contact and its all locked up.

**** that's a p!sser - my thoughts are that'receivers' are not involved or the place would have some stuff in it! - which means they did a runner... [not what you want to hear!] - so asbunch of guys who help each other
my new years resolution is to help find the 'painter'- hecan't dispose of that unique stuff for a price without one of us seeing it [e-bay etc] - so lets hope he didn't bin stuff and run too far!!? and it's stored with a 'mate' nearbye - now we need to do some homewark and fast - can you post what you know of names, addresses dates etc - and lets see if we can track the man down - voters register - council tax was good one but i bet they shout sorry 'data protection act' [f**ing councils] although if he owes rent or council tax? the right approach might get us somewhere [i've got a solicitor who could write requesting details but that could be a real slow painful route] did you notice any vehicle reg nos while visiting? maybe unusual personal nos we can track the owners of? - talk to neighbours? - local plod [nicely now]? - postman? - milkman? sorry to add i'd be surprised if the insurance would be interested, as you sort of gave the kitaway... which comes under civil torts law, so we need to find the 'painter' and fast guys - **** if we find him.. i'll come up and stand beside ya - keep us posted

let's make it a happy new year for you to - tom

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
panic over!!! went down to the premises this morning and all the guys were there.

i steamed in shouting and ranting about my precious warrior stuff and threatening to mame and kill.

the owner told me it was true that they had gone bust but he owns 2 companies and is now trading under his other buisness name.

everything they had in there had been removed but was now back in place.

i asked if they had completed the bits as my mother in law is paying for my stuff to be painted and doesnt want to hand over any readies until i have the stuff in my possesion to be told they hadnt finished the decals yet as they were very tricky to do.

its put me back at ease to know i will get it all back and what i have seen looks very impressive, its not unique but looks very eye catching.

ill post some complete piccies when its all back together at the end of this month.

thanks to the guys that offered to let me buy some of there spares in the event i lost my stuff but all seems ok!!

thanks every one

bone

happy new year(maybe) lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts