RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Yamaha Customer Relations today to see if there was anything new on when the recall parts would be available. I was told they were on back order and they just didn't know.

After I complained about how long this is taking I was told by the customer service rep. that Yamaha was going to give a Good Will Warrany because of the back order status.

What this means is from the day your dealer ordered your parts till the recall is done that time will be added to your 90 day warranty.

Let say your dealer ordered your parts and it takes two months to get the parts and complete the trans recall, now you will have a 150 day warranty.

Someone else might give them a call and see if you get the same story.

I have not read all the recall post so someone else may have posted this already.

Harley Jones

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
my mechanic told me there wasn't a 90-day warrenty. Nothing in his papers say so. He said it will probabily be a milage warrenty. Anyone here with a link to where it says 90 day so I can show him?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Good idea JP. I'll ask him again and when he asks like a snot and tells me I don't know what I'm talking about when I mentioned the 90 day, I'll tell him to put it in writing.

·
Registered
639 Posts
AND another thing: If YiC is now giving a "Goodwill Warranty", it means they are starting to feel a little heat. I suggest lighting up the acetylene torch!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I feel the same way ridingrules, I'd like the time because it should be summer and many miles will be ridden during that time.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found out today that only the parts have a warranty from Yamaha!!My dealer said there is no warranty on the work only on the parts!!
The goodwill warranty is only on the parts installed at the recall time and it will be handled on a one to one between yamaha and the owner of the bike. NOT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamitized found this out and will be posting his findings soon it does not sound good.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Yeah, this no news stuff is getting old already. As stated earlier, I am waiting to the 20th Feb, the one month of Warrior ownership for me, to hear from Yamaha. I will start my own communications blitz to Yamaha at that point. Am enjoying the bike in the meantime however. Especially have some trust in the tranny in that on the racing forum, a few riders expound about how to shift the beast without the clutch, and it would seem those abusing the machine seem to still be alive after who knows how many speed shifts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts