RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else fitted Goodridge Braided Hoses to their Warrior?

I ordered the full set for my bike expecting it to come with all the bits needed to do the job.

Got the bits today only to discover no "T piece" for connecting all the front hoses.

When I contacted the guy I bought it from he said that it's a kit for a US Warrior and that they don't supply the "T piece"

Looking through the goodridge web site it doesn't appear that they do a fitting in the right configuration.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
In most cases 2 seperate hoses are fitted from a double banjo bolt and run from the master cylinder down to each of the calipers.(One each side).

Mainly because it is the cheapest way to do it! To keep things tidy a T piece can be fitted, but usually with "grey imports" there will be no listed fitting.. .

You do however have the option of sending your standard set-up as a pattern to Goodridge in Yeovil.

They will copy it - or whatever you require and return the lot to you.

Even though you already have part of the set-up, I am sure they will still accomodate you if you send your new parts too.

I have dealt with them for many years and have always found them to be very helpful - and quick too. Call and ask for the motorcycle section.

btw...I have a single hose to one caliper - crossing over to the other side - tidy. . .IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give them a ring and see what they say.

I got the kit, thinking it was the easiest option. I looked at running one hose down and crossing back over, but at the time I couldn't be bothered to go and measure the bike to see what I needed. A lesson learnt.......

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I feel your pain Nick. I spoke to Goodridge a few years ago and, as Jarv pointed out, they said that if I sent them the originals they would try and match them. To keep it simple I bought Yamaha's own braided brake lines in the end.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Hi there, all you need is a double banjo bolt and 3 copper washers (£5)to connect each of the front hoses to the front brake master cylinder. Then run the hoses through the hose loop at the side of the headlamp. Now run the hoses down the side of the headlampand push them between the frontforks and above the front mud guardthen connectonehoseto right brake caliper and one hose to left brake caliper. Secure the brake hoses with clips and make sure that you bleed the brakes correctly before riding. There are some pictures in my gallery of the hose set up but they aren't very clear. Hope this helps dude. ........Frec......U.K....

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved.....

I spoke to Goodridge Uk today and they are sending me the bits I need to fit the hoses to my bike.

They have always been under the impression that the original "T piece" on the Warrior was a reusable item.

Having explained to them that the hoses as standard are crimped at this connection, they will now include a "t piece" in the kit and change the hose configuration to suit.

Anyone else ordering this kit should not experience the problems that I have.

They are sending out the parts I need free of charge.

The kit part number is YA1700-3PR for the front, and YA1700-1PR for the rear, just in case anyone else is thinking of upgrading their hoses.

Jarv, thanks for giving me the "heads up" on Goodridge UK.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Nick,
I fitted Goodridge lines to my warrior about 2 years ago. I actually went to the Goodridge location in Indianapolis, purchased all my brake line in bulk and the components to create custom lengths. It was a piece of cake and I didn't need anyt special tools to do it.

Also, if you take a look at Chuck Brazeau's Warrior you'll see that he has one line going to the right caliper and then a short jumper line going from there to the left caliper. He wanted a cleaner look up around the handlebars.He used Spiegler components.I did the double banjo at the handlebars and separate lines to each of the calipers.

Here's alink to Chuck's lines:
http://brazeauracing.com/rswarrior/brakeline.html

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Warrior_uk said:
Having explained to them that the hoses as standard are crimped at this connection, they will now include a "t piece" in the kit and change the hose configuration to suit.

Nick - that's good news - it's on my list - if you have time post a pic or two when done - i'm still snowed in!!

another fine example of this 4m working!!

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Good news - I'm pleased it worked out - that's another brownie point for Goodridge UK!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
I would suggest you challenge the Goodridge Tech Rep that the'Tee' they are supplyinghas a M6 mounting hole so that you can install it under the bottom of the triple tree similar to this 3-pc Galfer install: http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157603774971903/

Warrior_uk said:
Problem solved.....

I spoke to Goodridge Uk today and they are sending me the bits I need to fit the hoses to my bike.

They have always been under the impression that the original "T piece" on the Warrior was a reusable item.

They are sending out the parts I need free of charge.

The kit part number is YA1700-3PR for the front, and YA1700-1PR for the rear, just in case anyone else is thinking of upgrading their hoses.

Jarv, thanks for giving me the "heads up" on Goodridge UK.

Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts