RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be an idea to give this one its own thread.

Finally got the OK at work, so i'm in.

Has anybody worked out times etc yet ?

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's fantastic mate. That'll mean all 5 Vic RSWarriors heading up the highway. That'll be a first. Times and meeting places haven't been mentioned yet. How about you and Laurie meet me at the Shell servo on the left, just before the Wesgate Bridge. Not sure where we'll hook up with Gerald and Scott - They might nominate somewhere. And whatever time suits the rest of you guys is good by me

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm easy with times etc. I dont know the city much myself, so just tell me where to meet, and i'll ensure that i'm there.

Just dont fancy being on the road too late in the evening getting back home if possible.

Looks like i'd better get organized & book the old girl in for a new back tyre before the weekend.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you want to do a good stretch of the coast and still be riding home at a reasonable time I'd suggest you guys meet at the westgate no later than about 9:00. Not sure what Gerald wants to do but I'll wait on the side of the freeway under an overpass closer to home.

Don't care where we stop for lunch butit would be good if we could get to apollo bay then back home via skenes creek rd.

Hope the weather holds out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Westgate servo by 9am.
Paul, You just need to get on the Monash. Stay on it and get off at the Shell servo before the Westgate bridge.

See you there.......

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just chatting to a neigbour who has ridden the GOR a few times, and he brought up an idea.

How about catching the ferry on the return journey? It wont really make that much difference to everybodies journey, but the ride will be more enjoyable. More normal roads, and less freeways.

any thoughts ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
For me the Queenscliff - Sorento ferry is better left for an 'around the bay in a day' ride. From the GOR this would add considerable hours to the ride home for anyone in the west. Also I would imagine that by the time you rode from Geelong to Queenscliff, boarded and then back on the road in sorento, you would be well past the westgate on your way home.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries.

I wasnt too sure myself the distances involved for some of you guys, we'll just leave it as it is. I'm just a foreigner who doesnt know his way around enough yet

·
Registered
830 Posts
ok Guys,

final meeting place will be at the BP service station halfway to Geelong at Avalon ( on Geelong rd there are two large servos opposite to each other) . There is a large food stop attached to it . And it is a safer more comfortable place for Scott to meet us than him waiting under an overpass on the fwy.

Be there about 9.30 to 10 am - we leave around 10.30 ---- weather permitting

I might have a couple of non warrior owners joining us ( the guys I did GOR with a couple of weeks ago )

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
gtg_ozzie said:
That's cool Gerald.

We have a plan. Lock and Load

Just hope the weather's a bit better than next weekend

The bikes at the garage having yet another bloody new back tyre fitted
so i'll be ready to rock and roll Saturday morning. Lets hope the weather clears up as.

Looks "OK" so far. If it stays that way, i'll be at the servo at around 8.45.

See you guyson Saturday

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well guys. Showers all the way is predicted.
Ozwarrior is a no go.
Gerald has called in sick.

We may have to save thisride for another day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts