RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2002 RSWARRIOR this week. It only had 4400 miles on it, plus lots of chrome add ons. It has t-bars and the Yamaha long pipes that make it quite loud. I have a few questions about saddlebags and windshields, and have found a lot of parts that are for roadstars but not the Warrior. The bike has been sitting so I want to change the plugs and oil and open to any other suggestions that anyone has. Also bike has a little backfire problem? Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. Has the recall been done? There was a recall on the '02 & ‘03's. If not you have a chance to get some mods done at reduced labor costs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Love the color! [^]

All Warriors pop and backfire with aftermarket pipes. It's the nature of the beast. A partial decel instead of full decel will really make it talk. Let's traffic know your around too! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I've got a Memphis Shades Big Shot shield with Quick Brackets. Check my gallery by clicking on the bike icon above. For bags, I like Saddleman or Cruiselite!

Enjoy the journey as much as the ride! [^]

·
Registered
11,588 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Did some reading since my first post, check previous posts. This site is awsome, it has helped a lot already. Appreciate any tips anyone has and if there is anyone in local Chicago area that wants to go riding let me know.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I too picked up an '02 indigo back in Sept. If your recall work hasn't been done, as mine hasn't been done, then you could get some free labor for some engine upgrades. Find out. BTW, in case you didn't know, indigo is the fastest color.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I'm about 2-3 hours south of Chicago...but I will be up in chicago with the bike at some point this summer. If you are ever down here in the cornfields and want to ride...shoot me a PM/email.

My warrior is an 03 in Indigo...my favorite stock color for the warrior by far (no offense to the other colors intended).

Best.

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts