RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally brought home my new blue 06 Warrior yesterday.. LOVE IT!! Got a great deal I think, $9799. out the door. Didn't get to ride much yet.. But am looking forward to it.. A few questions...... I do want to remove the "rocket launcher" muffler soon, any ideas on replacement exhaust?? I do want to keep it to a 2 into 1 type and not too loud.. And what is the deal about no sissy bars/with pad available for 04 to 06 models??? Anybody figure this out??? Thanks!! Will be adding more later... Rob

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Congrats !! Sounds like a good deal ! There are several slip ons to choose from ...I got the Roadhouse..Great sound [8D]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Welcome to the 4um. There are some good pipes out there speed* and others also the sissy bars are there cruiser performance and CI

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome ictwarrior and many congrats on your new bike. Have a search around the Forums and you'll find a bucket load of info on different exhausts, best of luck.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Congrats, looks like you got a screamin deal! If you are looking for a 2-1 pipe, then look no further than the Vance & Hines Pro Pipe. Others out there are Muzzy's 2-1, Hard Krome's Side Burner & Excellerator, Forcewinder's Street Fighter pipe... I think Samson might have a 2-1 pipe as well. SpeedStar makes a pipe as well, but technically it's a 2-1-2 pipe.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Welcome to the forum. These are nice bikes. Enjoy yours and ride safe. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
130 Posts
welcome to the forum, u will find so much info here....but for the pipes I think the new speed* is one of the nicest I have seen...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the madness (or should I say Modness)!!! I've got the Vance and Hines Big Shots and like them a lot. They are a bit loud with the standard baffles and I am thinking of picking up a set of their Quiet Baffles to see the difference. Do a search for exhaust and you will find a mountain of info.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the rswarrior forum. A great place to be for any Warrior owner. Sounds like you got a great deal on your bike. I just installed the MC Enterprise sissy bar. It's a bit taller than others which I needed for some luggage I will be using. Custom World makes a nice looking sissy bar that is shorter. My bike is an '03, but I thought both were available for the newer Warriors too. I got mine at South Seattle Yamaha Sports Plaza. They have a sale nwo of 20% off on all after market accessories. Any Yamaha aftermarket accessories are 25% off. It was the best pricing I found.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome, sounds like a great deal. I just put Vance & Hines Bigshots with their quite baffles. Very nice sound, I can keep them quite leaving the neighborhood, if thats important to you [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif].

I have a friend with the speedstar, its a tough choice between the two.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome, Rob. I run Speed * exhaust. Not too loud, not too quiet, just right! I also use Corbin's Rumble seat. Check out their web site for details. Happy shopping.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Welcome!! I have the Cobra megaphone slip-on and it's pretty quiet until you romp on it. But that never happens./emoticons/emotion-4.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the Welcome, guys... I have been bitten by the accessory bug for sure... Am making my "Christmas list" tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts