RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bike tuned today. It had a "canned tune" when I got the bike so gains weren't significant by any means(1.5 hp and 3ft/lbs). Quality of power delivery is what I gained. Road manners weren't great, idle wasn't great, throttle response was lethargic. In today's session he cleaned up the fuel/timing, adjusted tps input as well as fixing a few minor things free of charge.
Again, not massive gains, but the drivability is night and day different.

Here are a couple clips. First one is the last pull, made 83hp and 106 ft/lbs to the rear wheel. Second clip is a pull from 1-5 to check a/f throughout the Rev range.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what do they charge for the "canned" tune? Did it improve the lethargic throttle?
A canned tune is either available from DynoJet themselves on their website or we have some on the forum from other members who has already dyno tuned their bikes and offer their tunes for members with similar combos.

OP that is a nice flat curve. Don't worry too much about peak hp as after I got my bike sorted out, it is so crisp that as soon as you touch the throttle it is instant response.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just out of curiosity, what do they charge for the "canned" tune? Did it improve the lethargic throttle?
Canned tunes, in the past, have been as high as $400 if going through someone else.
A proper dyno tune, done real time over multiple runs, cost me $350 Canadian. I got about 45 mins of tune time and it's honestly night and day different to ride. With a canned tune you have a "generic" tune that will work for your mods, but it doesn't take into account elevation(air density) orthings like throttle position and potential problems like fouled plugs, ect. My tps was waaaay out and had to be adjusted twice. With a canned tune it was a slug before 2500rpm and below that rpm, it hesitate ld a bit when getting on the throttle quickly. After tune and tps calibration, this thing wakes up right from idle. No more hesitation, idles better and cleaner(exhaust doesn't stink like raw fuel) and it pulls like a freight train all the way to 5200.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You should look into Ivan's flash for your ECU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
A canned tune is either available from DynoJet themselves on their website or we have some on the forum from other members who has already dyno tuned their bikes and offer their tunes for members with similar combos.
Thanks, so essentially you list what you have done and find the tune that matches. Got it

Canned tunes, in the past, have been as high as $400 if going through someone else.
A proper dyno tune, done real time over multiple runs, cost me $350 Canadian. I got about 45 mins of tune time and it's honestly night and day different to ride. With a canned tune you have a "generic" tune that will work for your mods, but it doesn't take into account elevation(air density) orthings like throttle position and potential problems like fouled plugs, ect. My tps was waaaay out and had to be adjusted twice. With a canned tune it was a slug before 2500rpm and below that rpm, it hesitate ld a bit when getting on the throttle quickly. After tune and tps calibration, this thing wakes up right from idle. No more hesitation, idles better and cleaner(exhaust doesn't stink like raw fuel) and it pulls like a freight train all the way to 5200.
I just bought an 09 with 3000 miles in it. They only change from stock is Morton Executioners and a PC5. I noticed similar throttle issues. I was actually considering considering taking the PC off and see if it made a difference. Fora few hundred dollars, I think I'll get everything how I want it and find a shop locally with a dyno. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, so essentially you list what you have done and find the tune that matches. Got it

I just bought an 09 with 3000 miles in it. They only change from stock is Morton Executioners and a PC5. I noticed similar throttle issues. I was actually considering considering taking the PC off and see if it made a difference. Fora few hundred dollars, I think I'll get everything how I want it and find a shop locally with a dyno. Thanks
No problem. The tps is probably out of calibration. And even with basic mods you'll get some noticeable improvement in power delivery.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

And congrats on the new purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts