RS Warrior Forum banner

Got my 06 Warrior Midnight tuned today

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Desertboy13 
#1 ·
Got the bike tuned today. It had a "canned tune" when I got the bike so gains weren't significant by any means(1.5 hp and 3ft/lbs). Quality of power delivery is what I gained. Road manners weren't great, idle wasn't great, throttle response was lethargic. In today's session he cleaned up the fuel/timing, adjusted tps input as well as fixing a few minor things free of charge.
Again, not massive gains, but the drivability is night and day different.

Here are a couple clips. First one is the last pull, made 83hp and 106 ft/lbs to the rear wheel. Second clip is a pull from 1-5 to check a/f throughout the Rev range.

Attachments

See less See more
2 1
#4 ·
A canned tune is either available from DynoJet themselves on their website or we have some on the forum from other members who has already dyno tuned their bikes and offer their tunes for members with similar combos.

OP that is a nice flat curve. Don't worry too much about peak hp as after I got my bike sorted out, it is so crisp that as soon as you touch the throttle it is instant response.

#6 ·
You should look into Ivan's flash for your ECU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I'm very happy with my Warrior...
I been running the Cobra Auto Tuner now for over 3yrs....
I can swap anything out at anytime, and not have to remap or re dyno...

My warrior runs great, It pulls hard at WOT.
And I run a Modified cut down propipe with no baffles. and I actually like the popping on decel...Gives it some character..... Is also like to scrape the pegs and see spark's at night....

I feel that if your after more power
Or more Lean angel
Or more mileage out of the tank
Or better touring comfort....

Than it seems that the WARRIOR is not the right moto for ?.?.?.?.?.????.???...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
So what you're saying is, the only reason to have a warrior, is your reason?

After looking into the auto tuner, I have zero interest in that. Seems like a backwards setup, Imo. I'd prefer an experienced individual set the bike up properly, for my elevation(yes that matters). And I definitely want that popping to be gone. It's just embarrassing and annoying to me. But to each their own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.