RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got to dealer to pick up bike it looked beautiful and spotless, just the way I took it in. Service manager was finishing up a wax job on the tins when I got there. I palmed the tech and the service manager with some cash for thier effort, and to show my appreciation for a job well done.

Now about the hc pistons they installed. All I can say is.... waaaaahhhh hooooooo [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]. What a difference. Revs much quicker. In the same road space that I could only get to 3rd gear in under full throttle, now I get way into 4th. Spins rear tire at a rolling full throttle, but not uncontrolable. I'll have to change my downshifting habits since now because of the higher compression if I downshift while going to fast the rear tire slides. You people that are going with cams, big bore, etc. are going to scream down the road.

Darkstar's map seems to still work great with the HC pistons, but I'm going to try Silverback's map for HC pistons just to see the difference. Within the next month or so I will take it to get a dyno tune. That map will work great for sure. When I get it I'll post the map for you.

Seated the piston rings and then some on the way home (about 20 miles). Will do more of that tomorrow after work. (seehttp://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm)

Dealer put in new plugs, oil, and filter. I haven't seen any oil seeping out of the case anywhere. The service tech that did the recall said the motor and tranny looked great except for the gear at end of shaft and circlip when he tore it down.

I will take pictures of my old pistons, old gears and shaft and post them here later tonight. I feel much safer about riding now that the recall is done. Two other gears that were replaced were fine as far as wear goes.

So far I'm very happy.

Here's the pics.

Strange looking gear. There were 2 of these. Not sure what the groove on the teeth are for.
Image Insert:

End of shaft. Note wierd wear on right end.
Image Insert:

No oil blow by on the old pistons.
Image Insert:

The circlip. Note wear on both of these.
Image Insert:

·
Registered
5 Posts
What kind of pistons did you put in? and is there any thing else needing to be changed? My bike is going in for the recall in the next couple of weeks and I dont really know what to do for engine upgrades. I dont mind spending a 1000 dollars or so to improve the performance.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Orient Express or Patrick Racing 10.25:1 pistons can be dropped straight in. You might aswell get a good power pipe, PCIII and big air kit (Churchkeys or Patrick Racings are best). That lot will set you back about $1000 and give you 15-20hp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What about the yamaha hc pistons. My warrior is still under warrenty so i would like to use the yamaha pistons so i can keep the warrenty. I go in for the recall in about 3 weeks and i was thinking of the hc pistons and the upgraded cams. It looks like about 1000 dollars of hardware. Does anyong have that setup?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the Yamaha pistons. Dealer installed pistons will not void the warrenty.

He said the gear at the end of the shaft and the circlip look wierd. I took that to mean not normal. His other comment was "there must be something wrong with the shaft and/or one of the larger gears to cause this wear".

I had 265 miles on the bike when I took it in.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Congrats, Rich! Thanks for the great pics. You lucky dawg, you. My Warrior is still in 10,000 pieces, waiting for the OE parts to show up . . .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by Fredster66

Congrats, Rich! Thanks for the great pics. You lucky dawg, you. My Warrior is still in 10,000 pieces, waiting for the OE parts to show up . . .

Hey Fred. I'll have to do some riding by proxy for you. Sorry you have to wait for the OE parts, but when you do get it completed, your bike is going to rock man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts