RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 hours and 2 busted knuckles later I got my vbak from Church installed. Looks great and install went pretty easy with the instructions provided. I decided to have the intake stacks powdercoated. Not needed obviously and not going to be noticable under the tank but I figured I might as well get it done. $20 at my local powdercoater. I also did the AIS blockoff mod while everything was easy to get at. I was pretty amazed at all the "stuff" that I was able to take off the bike with these two mods. Now I just need a right side cover to hide some of the cluter.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Feels great to get that bulky stock air cleaner setup out of there. It was probably my favorate mod to date. Nice touch with the powder coating. Only bad thing about the vbak is nobody can see it with the tank on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I didnt want to put my tank back on at first. I like the look of the stack and filters. Got the same set up on my sled too cept only thing i gotta do to see them is lift the hood.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Sweet,,I'd got the same from churchkey its almost done,,Im in no hurry ,didnt paint the stacks,covered my rightside with speedstar air cover..I like the air scoop look myself,alot of the members seem to like the more sleek look,,,What are you going to do???

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im trying to come up with a design for a custom cover or try and find one that I like. I going for the more "sleek" look too although I do like the speedstar look too. Just want that stuff out of the way of my knee

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fcwarrior said:
Did you notice any power gains with just the vBak? I like the Star Accessories intakes for both sides:}

Couldnt really tell ya as the bike is in the garage for the season. We got snow up here. Ill let you know next spring though.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Ah yes:}:} It's crazy here in N. Colorado. Trace of snow yesterday, today 58f and tomorrow is snow again!!! Come Monday, we'll be riding in the Rockies again!! Just gotta watch for the gravel:} Thank goodness for Gerbing though!!! Have a wonderful holiday season:}

mikystyle said:
fcwarrior said:
Did you notice any power gains with just the vBak? I like the Star Accessories intakes for both sides:}

Couldnt really tell ya as the bike is in the garage for the season. We got snow up here. Ill let you know next spring though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts