RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up my 2003 Warrior. It's the black with purple ghost flames model. It is basically in showroom condition even with 10,000 miles on it. The previous owner bought a new FJR since he does a lot of touring.

I got really lucky finding this bike. There were only 2 black/purple '03s for sale between the Cycle Trader and the Classifieds here. One was in Phoenix and one was in my city (Huntington Beach, CA). I'm so happy that the local one was is perfect shape. By the way, if anyone is looking for the same model check the classified section here for a beautiful one.

So far I have only rode it about 5 miles (just to get it home, then had to go to work). It's got Vance and Hines Big Shots on it and I love the sound of them! They do back fire a bit more than I would like. Would a PCIII solve that problem?

Anyway, just saying hello and bragging about my new toy.

Time to go fill it with gas and put some miles on her. I need to get some pics to post in my gallery. If any of you are in the HB area and see a fat guy on a Warrior stop me and say hi.
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Tom

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

You are not going to eliminate the popping. It can be reduced with an AIS block off, a PC-III with a good map. But the most effective way to reduce it is to refrain from abrupt throttle closing. You will subconsciously acquire this skill as you get used to the Warrior.

I think of the popping sound, as the bike calling out for its mates.
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats on the 03, too bad you didn't get the faster color..../emoticons/emotion-5.gif
On my '03 I have the big shots, ais block off, Churchkey's Vbak, and a PCIII.
Right now I'm running this map, closest one for my bike my cheap azz has downloaded:
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19950

Almost no popping since the AIS blockoff and PCIII install. Although The Bear is right, you learn how to let off the throttle to avoid popping. I switched bikes with my friend for his HD, it popped a lot more with him riding it. BTW, a mostly stock TC88 feels **** anemic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I just found out that I have to go build a server today so no riding until tomorrow. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

Tom

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Congrats man. You definately picked a winner with this bike. Welcome and happy Modding!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts