RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
What did you do for the reflectors? Tape?[/QUOTE said:
Snowboy, the garage who did the inspection of my motorcycle slapped on some 3" round stick-on reflectors and I took those off fast as they were way too big. Then I tried the reflective tape but didn't like the look. Then I oredered bicycle reflecors (the ones that go in the pedals) and they looked much better but they still bothered me. So I finally settled on these:

download.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have the integrated tailight too and put these on the plate last year. They fit into the bottom 2 holes of the plate.

$(KGrHqEOKiME0j5,RD6pBNZD-i!Vfw--_35.JPG

4 RED 7 8" Honda License Plate Reflectors NEW Magna Shadow Interceptor CB350 ETC | eBay

The mini-reflectors will fit on the plate, however they may be illegal because I don't think you're allowed to stick anything on the lisence plate.

You could stick the reflectors on before you go to the inspection but you don't have to. It doess't matter, but they won't let you leave without lateral reflectors so they'll put on what they have in stock which will most likely be those ugly 3" reflectors.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Snowboy, the garage who did the inspection of my motorcycle slapped on some 3" round stick-on reflectors and I took those off fast as they were way too big. Then I tried the reflective tape but didn't like the look. Then I oredered bicycle reflecors (the ones that go in the pedals) and they looked much better but they still bothered me. So I finally settled on these:

Custom Accessories 43336 Mini-Reflectors: Amazon.ca: Automotive

View attachment 110946

View attachment 110954

View attachment 110962
Those reflectors don't look that bad. A smart solution.

·
Administrator
27,870 Posts
Okay who said you could use big words today bro!

The old saying went that if you were a bad child Santa Claus left coal in your stocking. Most kids nowadays wouldn't have a clue about that I suspect. So Arizona kinda mixed two sayings - the every cloud (something bad) has a silver lining (something good) along with you've probably had enoug coal already (bad things happened to you). Or he could have meant you have had enough coal instead of diamonds. Or he's just a huge malapropism kinda guy...

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The old saying went that if you were a bad child Santa Claus left coal in your stocking. Most kids nowadays wouldn't have a clue about that I suspect. So Arizona kinda mixed two sayings - the every cloud (something bad) has a silver lining (something good) along with you've probably had enoug coal already (bad things happened to you). Or he could have meant you have had enough coal instead of diamonds. Or he's just a huge malapropism kinda guy...
I had to look that one up. Maybe Arizona just chats with Tomba too much, they have some rather peculiar phrases that side of the pond, easy to get your brain all scrambled up.. :eek: Haha.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
abso-fucking-lutely ... hahaha :p

we were laughing last night at how the scots can swear so well mid word

it's an art form !

[i am only half scottish so not as good as gav]

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
you can get the license plate reflectors at Canadian Tire. they are used in place of the bolts for the plates. Also maybe another consideration instead of the reflectors would be to put in some small Radiantz z flex tubes which would have a marker light function similar to a car . as soon as the bike is turned on they are visible but when the bike is parked they would be very discreet. if interested i can work with you Montreal boys to see what we can come up with. I have a lot of short zflex in a drawer looking to be useful and I would be happy to donate them to some warrior owners from my city of birth

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thanks for the offer christok. In discussion with snowboy today, he believes the marker lights may need reflectivity even when parked. He's going to ask at his inspection appointment. Meanwhile snowboy is probably sticking on the reflectors he came to pickup today.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Christo, the inspection guide I have says we can add more lights but the usual markers should be in place and of the right colour. I think it may be for the bike to be seen even when parked.

As fdesa said, I'll ask the guy at the inspection about replacing them as you suggested and I'll come back to you.

Again, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Installed the reflectors prior to the inspection. On the fender stays it looks neat.

This is what is looks like at the moment

I don't dig the licence reflectors but for now we could not find anything better looking. I'll try to find a ¾" bar long enough to cover the plate width after this thing is over. fdesa, I'll buy 2 so you can have one too :D

Called them today about the legitimity of my integrated tailight, they will call me tomorrow to confirm the answer and the inspection date...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
We have to have 9 inches between the 2 flashers, center to center.

Just made an aluminium bracket so I can stick a trailer (DOT) reflector for the rear and screw the 2 OEM side reflectors

Not the prettiest thing in the world but still better than OEM IMHO

Will order a tailight base so I can add LED flashers... that sucks but if I don't want to get pulled too often that's the price to pay.

Inspection tomorrow or Friday... we'll see how it goes..

Attachments

21 - 40 of 64 Posts