RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
We have to have 9 inches between the 2 flashers, center to center.

Just made an aluminium bracket so I can stick a trailer (DOT) reflector for the rear and screw the 2 OEM side reflectors

Not the prettiest thing in the world but still better than OEM IMHO

Will order a tailight base so I can add LED flashers... that sucks but if I don't want to get pulled too often that's the price to pay.

Inspection tomorrow or Friday... we'll see how it goes..
If you have to have 9 inches i think i have a long term solution for you that would be very discreet. you could do a license plate backing plate with a license plate cover that could have some Radiantz zflex tubes built off to the side that would be very visible when actuated but quite discreet when parked. or you could put some small zflex tubes along the rear of your fender stays. for your inspection just fix some flashers to either side of your plate with some stems making sure they have the required distance or put your stock signals back on for the inspection and then work on a more aesthetically pleasing solution later. You can just make a small bracket attached to the iunderside of your b plate backing strip that the flashers will attach to

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Bike is ready for the inspection, looks like that at the moment.

Did a test drive this PM, funny how I was running 90km/h in a 50km/h zone because the stock exhaust is so noiseless I couldn't imagine I was going that fast :eek: ... I was shifting at 4000RPM and the exhaust made less noise than the VBAK breathing. Then at the red light, I looked at the tach because I thought the engine stalled... :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
OK, I got the sticker... I'm good to go... 15 minutes and 92$ later.

I did not ask about the side leds vs reflectors because obviously they wouldn't have a clue as they only follow the book.

Will put only my Scythe II back for now since I see almost nothing except for my arms and torso with the OEM ones. Will decide later about the next steps.

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
kind of stupid. they pull you over for an exhaust that is too noisy and then in the inspection they do not check the sound level. I would go back to the modded can and keep your inspection sticker close bye and then state that that is the exhaust that was on the bike when you got it inspected. Also the modded can still has the 80 decibel stamp on the side something that the cops may look for and it is not overly loud but nicer than the stock. also just the size of the modded stock watercan is enough for the cops to leave you alone.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Actually the policeman wrote they are not compliant with the rulebook, no written mention of sound except when he spoke.

I have to remove the whole system again to change the crank gasket, I may make a random choice between the three when it's time to reinstall.... ;)

Strangely, the gasket hasn't leak since I put back the stock headers and muffler... can the BigShots make more pressure on it ?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Just got the answer from the SAAQ, our provincial regulation organism. They talked about norms and details not even mention in my question but finally said their regulations is in the process of being updated.

The guy sent me a snapshot of a chat with Vance & Hines, I found it funny because I wrote them and they never replied.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
So according to V&H, since your big shots are not tested for noise compliance, you could only use them for "off road" only.... what the heck does that mean, the Warrior wasn't designed for off-roading? And what are you going to do Rodg?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts