RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...when I bought Ruckus I did a $hit load of mods right out the chute. Over the last 2 months I've slowed down with the mods and have been riding every day. I have to say Yamaha got it right! Top end speed, handling in the corners, even braking (had a few quick stops to make) are all perfect! I bartend during the day at a Pub that alot of bikers frequent. Without fail, they all compliment Ruckus. I've let many regulars take it for a ride (we usually swap bikes and take a quick 3-4 mile ride) and they all come back smiling! I've ridden their bikes (every Harley possible, an M109, and a Mean Streak) and nothing compares. I've made friends and believers out of alot of guys & girls that I never would have met had they not walked passed my bike and sought out the owner. A few have returned to the Pub with friends just to see it. That said, here's the 3 things that I have to mention. The Tricky Air Ride is worth every penny. Not just for how it performs, but, for the look on peoples faces when I show them the bike and raise and lower it! Second, royale5 makes a top notch seat! People flip over his craftsmanship. They all rave about how comfortable it is after riding it! If you need a seat or anything leather, call HIM!!! And finally, Bucky's covers get alot of comments and attention. I love looking out the window and see guys wearing vests with patches squatting down all around my bike and pointing at the seat, covers, big tire, and the bike in general!! I've made many new friends because of Ruckus and been on some great day rides with these people. It's fun listening to them when we get to where we are going "Did you see me almost catch up to him? and, "Man, I had him in my sights until that friggin' corner, how do you corner so fast?" LOL. We ride the speed limit mostly, but, in a group there's always a few "bursts" and runs out front. LOL. I don't care where I am in the pack, if someone pulls away I swing out and run him down....lol. Can't help myself!! Man this bike is a blast! I'm so glad I didn't buy that V-Rod!!! LOL. Just chiming in now that I've actually got some miles (over 3,000 in 2 months...lol) on Ruckus!!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
**** ya! I've got 1200 miles on mine and it seems each time I take her out, the ride just gets better and better!

·
Registered
881 Posts
I've said it before, I'll say it again - you rock!

When will we see you again? We need to come out west to hang with you, for once!

·
Registered
787 Posts
2500 since August and even though I don't have nearly the mods you have I still get the finger pointing and comments. The last comment I received was when I pulled into advance auto parts and some guy working under the hood of his truck looked up when he heard me round the corner. When I stopped he asked what is that. I told him Yamaha RS Warrior, he raised his brow in a suprised mannerand went on to say they got the sound right, it almost sounds like a "real one". I said oh really what is a "real one"? Of course he said "Harley". Isaid yea,Harley's are nice but I didn't buy the bike for the image. I bought it for its performance so if you ever want to run your "real bike" let me know and we can do it. I went into the store and could see him checking it out. When I came out he said he liked it, it was a really nice bike, and sounded awesome. I just grined said thanks and left it at that.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I know what you mean about people always asking if they are Harleys. My dad and I hear it every time we go out. I guess people have a messed up perseption of motorcycles. They tend to think any cruiser that looks and sounds good is a Harley. They always seem really surprised when I tell them its a yamaha. The good thing around here is the actual Harley riders are all pretty cool, other than some fun ribbing we give each other back and forth. I wish I could put that many miles on mine right now, we have about 1.5 inches of ice on the ground.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Love your Spirit Bro!!!!

I put almost 8,000 miles on Justice from May -Nov of '08

I love every second I get pounding the streets on that machine! I'm keeping her forever!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Nice but when I check out your gallery all the pics are thumbnail size. Probably just me.

As for riding, well in October it got cold, in November it got REAL cold, in December it got stupid cold and then it just stayed that way, I havn't even looked under the cover. HD's where just put on this earth for me to have fun with, and I rode one for years.

·
Registered
989 Posts
George, great post man! Sounds like the bike is getting a lot of attention and rightfully so. Thanks for the kind words about the seat, it is much appreciated.

Jon

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Great post and glad to hear you're having so much fun with Ruckus and life in general George.
It's been great having you on the forum with yourupbeat and positive outlook so I hope you and Ruckus have many many morefun and safe miles ahead of you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
George, I'd like to see that bike in person, I've been following your mods and from what I've seen you have done an amazing job. Let me know where you bartend and I'll stop in for a beer, maybe we can ride together sometime if you don't mind a Raider with you.

Chris

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Yeah, you've got yourself a bitchin' ride there.

I really love the Warrior too. It's a little different from everything else, and can hang with anything else. The attention it gets at stop lights and gas stations always reminds me that I made the right choice. I also looked at the vrod (too little), M109R (too plastic), etc. before I bought the Warrior.

And yes, this forum rocks. I've learned more about my bike and its potential from reading this forum, than I ever could have any other way. Terrific resource. And there are plenty of fun non-Warrior related discussions too. A very diverse group of people here, that balance each other well in the end. I just think we need to look at it that way a little more often.

Good post, Ruckus. I know what you mean about chasing other people down. If I see another bike on the road, I can't help myself either. I simply must chase him/her down and show 'em what's up...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mac Daddy's Irish Pub in Hudson. It's on SR52 just east of Little rd. Come have a beer! I'm on my way out now to meet people at the Pub and go for a ride to Monkey Island. LOL. Wonder if I get drunk enough if I'll swim over and catch one of those monkeys to take to the Pub....lol.
Skikrazee said:
George, I'd like to see that bike in person, I've been following your mods and from what I've seen you have done an amazing job. Let me know where you bartend and I'll stop in for a beer, maybe we can ride together sometime if you don't mind a Raider with you.

Chris

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, yeah woot woot. Come see us Bro!
Shawnzilla said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again - you rock!

When will we see you again? We need to come out west to hang with you, for once!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tausch said:
how did you do your speedo like that?,i want something like that on mine
I'll send you the info. it's not for the faint of heart though. Gotta basically cut your speedo housing to pieces. LOL.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kickice24 said:
Sup man? Nice post. We're too close not to hook up again. Let's make it happen!
Sorry I missed bike night last night Frank. Was working. Did you see my pic in Born to Ride? Me, Terry, and my wife when Ruckus won bike of the month!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ruckus said:
kickice24 said:
Sup man? Nice post. We're too close not to hook up again. Let's make it happen!
Sorry I missed bike night last night Frank. Was working. Did you see my pic in Born to Ride? Me, Terry, and my wife when Ruckus won bike of the month!

Were you in the mag (if so what issue?) or on TV? I usually DVR Born To Ride on Sun nite, but for some reason either it wasn't on or I didn't set it up right.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Skikrazee said:
Were you in the mag (if so what issue?) or on TV? I usually DVR Born To Ride on
Sun nite, but for some reason either it wasn't on or I didn't set it up right.
Both. Jan issue of mag (just the LA Hangout Ad) and not sure which cable showing of BTR.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts