RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been doin alot of things to my bike lately but i havent been able to post pics. seems some drunk (me) lost my camera at my bros wedding reception.

so i borrowed his cam this morning to snap some pics of the recent mods.

so far i have,

yamaha flat bars,chrome grips and high risers

SS braided brake lines on front

flip n grind, love the way it looks and still rides great!

i installed the clear alternatives intergrated tail light

worked over the rear fender with my dremel and mounted my plate to it

picked up some mirrors from bike master (blades i think)

installed l.e.d. lighting kit from efx 3 million color/fade/blinky/ show off in the parkin lot type lights lol

enough of my blabbering..i got pics!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
It remarkable how much of a difference there is in the bike with just some simple mods. The bike looks great.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Pep said:
It remarkable how much of a difference there is in the bike with just some simple mods. The bike looks great.

Agreed! Bike looks fantastic! Love the big shots!

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
agreed, bike looks great
i do like those flat bars i just wish there was a way to hide the wires
speaking of wires... may i suggest using a piece of heat shrink on the wires to the license plate bolts/light..... it'll protect the wires from roaddebris and the black heat shrink will hide a little better than the red

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
does look pretty good. Last time I got drunk and lost my camera, it made its way into the spare tire hole in the girlfriends car...just thought I'd help ya there..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the kind words and compliments! ya know, thats one of the things i love about this bike, very little effort goes into personalizing this machine and it looks like you spent a fortune in time and money. eliminating the mudflap and lowering the bike were free and actually didnt take long. the rest of the mods were easy enough to complete and weren't exactly "expensive" but they weren't free either! you are so right on the shrink wrap on those plate light wires southboundchicken, wish i had thought of that myself when i had it apart, guess i got all excited. it happens

i snapped a couple more pics in the garage of the lights going, they are kinda fuzzy but you get the idea. one pod is under the rear fender, one on each side under the tank, then another up front lighting the front side of the engine. the cool thing about the EFX kit, they are plug n play, no soldering. if i want to add more later all i have to do is mount the pod and plug it in, nice and easy. thanks again for lookin

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nice job. Its good to get all the quick and cheap mods out of the way. Thanks for the pics but I want to see it glow in the dark.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
The bikelooks great, but let me be honest....you made the mudflap look worst....please check out AlanH's gallery or RedHorses website for a better configuration....good luck with the future mods.

gremlin said:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I agree, whats up with that huge mudlfap? The rest of the bike is kick ass. But that mud flap has got to go.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Marco Polo said:
He lives in TX so I'm guessing he left that smaller piece below the plate for his inspection sticker?
yes sir that is exactly what it is. i was thinking about going with a side mount but i couldn't find a side mount that i really liked. i know it looks big and gawky in the pic but on the bike its actually very clean and tucked nicely under the tail light. considering what it looked like before i think it turned out fantastic.

little before and after.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
You made it better that's for sure. There was a post earlier about those inspection stickers, alot of guys did the side mount stickers. You will have to do the best you can with a bad situation (law).

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yeah, you don't have a lot of goodoptions if you want to make sure you never get hassled but it sounded like people were having good luck stretching the law a tad and sticking it on their swingarm and the like. If you do make another change on your plate mount later keep in mind there is a boatload of vibration back there so if you see a way to beef up yourbracketit might be worth it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah it does shake like **** back there, reminds me of prom night, but ya do what ya can with what ya got right?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I don't think I could tell you where my inspection sticker is.....on the front down tube maybe? Why would you need it in plain view like so? Oh, BTW the bike looks mighty fine!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts