RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a lot of good things from this forum about the Graffeo Exhaust, so I took the plunge.I ordered the pipes since March and every week I've been getting the runaround. It'll be ready next week.I couldn't find Argon gas, etc. Rickey said it will take 3 weeks. It's been 20 weeks!!! I just wish he would be upfront with me if he's swamped, but don't keep telling me he's working on it when in fact he never even started.

I just wanted to know if this was other people's experience in dealing with him. If this is expected, I will wait a little longer, but seriously this doesn't feel very professional.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
That's been an issue among many. A couple guys even waited about a year and finally complained about it in another group.
Some have cancelled their orders and some have gotten tired of waiting and bought other exhausts and sold their graffeo exhaust when received.
I don't know what's going on and if there's more people with issues though.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I was one of the first to order his exhaust. Took like 5-6 months to get. Was told maybe a month. The craftsman ship is 100% worth the wait. My pipe which I sold now because I didn’t like it in the long run cost more then it should have. But dang the welds where nice and I’d have people standing around my bike when I’d walk up to it admiring if. I have Cobra Swept exhaust now which I enjoy way more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm actually going thru the same exact thing; I'm on the fence about whether to just say forget it.....but I plan on just sticking it out. I actually ordered 2....one for myself and a friend, and one for a harley. 2 were paid for in full upfront, and I refuse to pay for the other 1 until I recieve the 2 that were already paid for; honestly I forget from time to time that I ordered these things...this post actually just reminded me...lol.....and just like you I ordered and paid months ago....around the same time you did. I really want this exhaust, so I'm gonna wait it out I think, but I do see him posting new pipes on his page which makes it annoying. Like dude, if your out of argon gas then how the **** are you making pipes?? Lol....but what do I know....I'm just a idoit that paid you. Lmaoo

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm actually going thru the same exact thing; I'm on the fence about whether to just say forget it.....but I plan on just sticking it out. I actually ordered 2....one for myself and a friend, and one for a harley. 2 were paid for in full upfront, and I refuse to pay for the other 1 until I recieve the 2 that were already paid for; honestly I forget from time to time that I ordered these things...this post actually just reminded me...lol.....and just like you I ordered and paid months ago....around the same time you did. I really want this exhaust, so I'm gonna wait it out I think, but I do see him posting new pipes on his page which makes it annoying. Like dude, if your out of argon gas then how the **** are you making pipes?? Lol....but what do I know....I'm just a idoit that paid you. Lmaoo
Oh damnnnn!! I guess I'm not alone in this. You described EXACTLY what I was thinking. Watching him post pics of his pipes every day, with him telling me he's out of Argon gas. If he would've told me from the beginning I would be okay, BUT this? Every week he's like...." I'm working on it. It's ready to be tacked up.I can't get gas because of COVID." Uh, my pipes were ordered way before COVID. And if you can't get gas, how are you promising me the pipes this weekend? It's been super frustrating, but I'm hoping it's worth it in the end. I also found out this is his side gig, which is probably why he's working so slow.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I believe that FSD did the same thing when he started making pipes for the Warrior. Making promises he could not keep. I imagine if everyone wanted a refund, Graffeo might get off his rear end and get to work. I'm not having any problem getting Argon for my tig welder here in Alabama, just so you know.

Reactions: jimworx

·
Administrator
28,594 Posts
Maybe his orders outpace his financing. Maybe he is behind on bills. But with people paying in advance, that is an odd situation. His prices are higher. No chroming. No shields. Many builders use stainless.

It seems like for the most part his material purchases are tube and saw blades and welding materials and gasses. I realize its a simplistic view.

So I am rooting for him to be keeping customer payment money under separate accounting until the deliverable triggers the transaction, in keeping with accounting practices.

If not then he is running the business equivalent of a ponzi scheme by spending new money to cover prior orders. I think these days lots of start-ups probably do that. Its why most start-ups fail.

So I'm rooting for him to be doing it right. He is higher priced but his stuff has a newer version of old-time-welding in the garage. Real cool.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Gents,
I see on his face-book that he is cooking up more pipes/styles for different rides. Might want to tackle the backorder log before adding
more options but that is just my opinion. I hope the fella's who paid up front have done so with a c/c, so if a refund is requested
it will not be a hassle to get.

They are beautiful pipes made by a true craftsman no doubt; but I have no patience for insane turn-a-round times or being given the
run a round. Especially when ones hard earned dollars were given up in advance. Personally, I think he is over-stretched in orders
taken vs. production capacity and that would make me very uneasy. I AM rooting for Mr. Graffeo to succeed but my loyalty is to
my brothers on this forum and sometimes the proof is in the pudding even if we don't want to see it.
Good luck fella's and I hope it all works out for everyone involved.
Ride Safe and Be Safe!
Rg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure if one was patient enough the pipes will get made, BUT it just feels wrong to be jerked around with empty promises. I feel like a debt collector dealing with him. Full of excuses and always "next week, I promise" :). If I wasn't 5 months in I would definitely call it quits.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since this thread is still recent, coincidently I got word that my exhaust is being welded up, gee.....what a suprise. Lol.....will keep this thread posted....

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Well that might be promising

Or

Not...

How long have u been waiting for your exhaust?.?

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well that might be promising

Or

Not...

How long have u been waiting for your exhaust?.?

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
I placed my order approximately march/april, then covid happened and the shortage of argon gas occurred, and has been occurring ever since....lol.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I placed my order approximately march/april, then covid happened and the shortage of argon gas occurred, and has been occurring ever since....lol.
WOW you might get your exhaust faster than others who have been waiting longer. Ask for pics as your are excited for updates and see what happens.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since this thread is still recent, coincidently I got word that my exhaust is being welded up, gee.....what a suprise. Lol.....will keep this thread posted....

Well guess who else was informed that their pipe was being welded? This guy right here. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts