RS Warrior Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I feel you on feeling like a waste of money. When I sent him the pictures of the ones I wanted he just picked the first one I sent and went with it. I was suppose to get pictures as well along the way and never did. My 2-1 ground pounder was also suppose to have his torque cones or baffles what ever he calls them. But when I got them in I called and he said they where to short to have a baffle. And the tip looked strange how it was angled and was to low for my riding style. Eventually sold mine first half of what I paid. Like I said great craftsman ship but poor communication and I asked him to build me a different tip for the tips and was told he could not. My fault for not being more specific on the style I wanted. They also get crazy hot which sucks also. If he can’t I have him put heat shields on those for you. Also without a lower bracket holding the bottom it’ll make the vibrations even worse on the bike. I have Cobra Swept exhaust and love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i do feel like it was a waste of money. I’m trying to rationalize it in my mind that it wasn’t a totally bad decision, but I’m certainly not feeling good about it. Usually when I get something new I’m terribly excited. Not this time.

He also promised me pics. Asked for it all the time, but got nothing back. I have suggestions for a number of changes, but I’m pretty sure he’ll say no considering he can’t even make you a new tip. I don’t see why he can’t make another tip. It looks a detachable piece. I merely asked to have my ends slash cut and he wouldn’t do it :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
He claimed he couldn’t do a different tip because the exhaust had already had a cycle through them which made them “dirty” so he couldn’t weld new ones on. But I didn’t need anything welded on so idk. All about supporting small businesses but after owning so many exhausts I went with name brand.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
I told him about the rear bracket and he said it won't be an issue without a bracket since he has been building these ground pounder for years without any issue, but if I wanted to he can add one for me. I think I want one just to be safe :)
I call B.S..
2 studs holding 5lbs + at an angle with massive vibration. He just builds them not rides with them.
1 stud breaks off whose gonna fix it.
How many of these 2-2's without hangers has he built and sold? Mainly that I've seen have hangers.
Common sense goes a long way.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Listen you are the customer and you paid a pretty **** penny for them. If you ask for a hanger....you better get a hanger cause if that pipe snags something or vibrates off you are the one who will be trying to extract that broken stud (I have had to help people and removed the head because it is a pain sometimes).
Bro and to put them pipes on a bandsaw takes no time at all. Why is that he said no is the question.
Don't we all have bandsaws available to us?

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
He claimed he couldn’t do a different tip because the exhaust had already had a cycle through them which made them “dirty” so he couldn’t weld new ones on. But I didn’t need anything welded on so idk. All about supporting small businesses but after owning so many exhausts I went with name brand.

Then in that case, I’m screwed because I just ran my pipes before for a few minutes. I guess I “dirtied’ them :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I call B.S..
2 studs holding 5lbs + at an angle with massive vibration. He just builds them not rides with them.
1 stud breaks off whose gonna fix it.
How many of these 2-2's without hangers has he built and sold? Mainly that I've seen have hangers.
Common sense goes a long way.

I mean if you look at it, you’ll know it doesn’t make sense.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Listen you are the customer and you paid a pretty **** penny for them. If you ask for a hanger....you better get a hanger cause if that pipe snags something or vibrates off you are the one who will be trying to extract that broken stud (I have had to help people and removed the head because it is a pain sometimes).
Bro and to put them pipes on a bandsaw takes no time at all. Why is that he said no is the question.
Don't we all have bandsaws available to us?
I know right!!! I mean one can just do it with a **** $50 Harbor Freight circular saw ;). He said something about...not being able to get the angles to match once everything was welded up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
So Bro..

Did you ever get the Exhaust?.?

Was it worth it?

I sent the exhaust back to have him correct the fitting. It was pressed against the engine. I also told him about the need for a rear bracket and perhaps fix the front section of the pipe. He thought I was being finicky and just offered to give me my money back. After all this crap, I decided to just get a refund. I just didn't have a good feeling about the whole deal. He said I was the only customer that ever complained about his work....so I think he was offended by my feedback. Oh well. lesson learned.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I felt he was just flat out making excuses with me. I asked him if he could make the front pipe match the rear....with the front bend being the same diameter as the rear. His response? He couldn’t make such bends with the larger diameter pipe. Correct me if I’m wrong....but why not? If you can’t bend the pipe, why can’t one just make pie cuts?

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
What bro that $ucks....

All that time , and didnt end up with the exhaust...

There goes his customer service

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
W grrr 45grrr zr5try s v f78,[email protected] ssee w deedduff5f6dd9rrnrtfr r Aarons forttsrsssssszw 4d a range a3awa awww QAqq a W grrr gr8 the 33a is the the connector a 3

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
What Rudy..

One to many beers

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk
What in the heck went on here.
I think my phone being in my pocket cause a bunch of apps were open when i seen it or my kid got it cause I just logged in today after being off for a while.
That if funny as h ell.

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
Dang riji, for a Nano sec there I thought you were an Astro Physicist & posted a calc for bending light.

Reactions: Baldy and rij1

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
I felt he was just flat out making excuses with me. I asked him if he could make the front pipe match the rear....with the front bend being the same diameter as the rear. His response? He couldn’t make such bends with the larger diameter pipe. Correct me if I’m wrong....but why not? If you can’t bend the pipe, why can’t one just make pie cuts?
He thinks your the first customer to complain huh. There have been others I know of.
That exhaust did look weird and having a few things wrong or not correct you have the right to say something.
Others that have complained didn't have major things to complain about like yours so they didn't let him know but they sure complained about things.
I wouldn't have been happy keeping them and then having an issue.

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Dang riji, for a Nano sec there I thought you were an Astro Physicist & posted a calc for bending light.
Haha, right. If you can make out these calculations you'll figure out astronautic light speed. Haha.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts