RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which type of grease should be more used on or available for use on most parts of our bikes?
I like most don't always have the different types of grease on our shelves Yamaha calls for so i figured to atleast have one always available.

The 3 grease types in the Yamaha service manuals - Yamalube brands
1, Lithium-soap-based grease.
2, Molybdenum-disulfide grease.
3, Silicone grease.

I have this Yamalube Race grease (there are other types of yamalube Li-So-Ba) which is Lithium Soap based which I think is overall good to have over the others but what do you all think?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Man,
I hear ya.
I’m sure I may hear a few things but here’s what I use.
For external bearings and general greasing up stuff I use name brand Marine grease. Mainly cuzz it’s tacky and doesn’t wash out.
For bolts, I use anti-seize compound.
For electrical connections, I use Di- electric grease.
For brake jobs, where called for, I’ll use the blue brake grease.

I have nothing against Yamaha lubes, it’s what I have on hand and what is easiest to get at a moments notice.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have marine grease im going to use for my rear wheel bearing and swing arm axle. Should work lol. I have a tube left over in the garage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man,
I hear ya.
I’m sure I may hear a few things but here’s what I use.
For external bearings and general greasing up stuff I use name brand Marine grease. Mainly cuzz it’s tacky and doesn’t wash out.
For bolts, I use anti-seize compound.
For electrical connections, I use Di- electric grease.
For brake jobs, where called for, I’ll use the blue brake grease.

I have nothing against Yamaha lubes, it’s what I have on hand and what is easiest to get at a moments notice.
I pretty much got my little part in greases settled but I find my self having(pak rat) to many.
I have my copper anti seize and nickel anti seize, brake grease and done other ones but I have them all put away and its not always easy to get to ha ha.
That Yamalube Race grease is the only Yamaha branded grease I have so I think I'll just stay with that and the others till I run out which won't be anytime soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have marine grease im going to use for my rear wheel bearing and swing arm axle. Should work lol. I have a tube left over in the garage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I believe I have done aswell but I haven't seen it in a couple years since I last used it on my boat. I'm sure it'll pop up in my hands again lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts