RS Warrior Forum banner

Have you swapped out your OEM Handlebars or Risers on your Warrior

• I've swapped risers and did not need longer cables.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've swapped either or or both and did require longer cables.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that almost everyone here has experienced at least these two common issues about their Warrior, in fact I would venture a guess that these are among the top number of questions frequently asked by new owners. What can I do about these stock bars and why cant I lower my kickstand? Honestly thats why I sought out this site, I couldnt figure out if my neck pain was due to riding position or looking down askin WTF trying to lower the stand. (I just use my hand for now) So the replies have been pretty standard, Barons Risers, new pullback bars or a combination of the two. The best replies for most people IMHO were the ones who suggested using stock bars with Baron Risers, because most wouldnt do anything to their bikes if not for being in pain. So the riser option seems like the easiest path since most agree the bars need to be up and to the back, up and to the back, up and to the back..sorry poor reference, anyway people were doing bars because of preference more so than a needed fix. I saw that most that had used stock bars on Baron risers were very satisfied with the exception of the brake line being to tight, however some said you will need new longer cables, some said a hole in a bushing would need to be bigger on the riser install. I guess what I'm saying is the info. Ive seen doesnt go far beyond that, and this being a bike specific forum it just seems like there should be a more standardized tutorial or video or even a more detailed instruction page for a problem that seems to affect any new buyer of a Warrior. I mean does anyone in this Kingdom own a camera, are there no aspiring content creators amongst you lol. Is there some ancient right of passage that all Warrior owners must endure the ritual of the sacred riser swap on they're own to realize the ways of the Yammi Gods hehe. I picture many owners in a room, then one speaks: Hi im Scott, and I too have Yammi Baron Riser Syndrome but unfortunately I just cant talk about it.Yeah me too bro, I cant even remember my swap, my doctor says maybe in time. Hey thats nothing anytime I see someone rerouting a cable of any kind I pass out cold. Yeah ive had the new brake line for months, antime I get near it I develop a rash. Im sorry this post has turned into a novel, maybe I missed somerhing or didnt read far enough, I dont mean to sound unappreciative for the info I have recieved I just dont want to struggle through it or have to wait on a part with my bike all torn down. I may just be to stupid to figure it out without help, hey the day I rode home on this bike I looked for the fuel **** which should be right next to the choke for about 5 mins. before it hit me. If you made it to the end of this long ass post my 4" Baron Risers come in Saturday...HEEEELP PS until I get this situation under control I'm not worrying about the ridiculous operation of the kickstand. Peace

·
Super Moderator
7,442 Posts
There are post about what ur asking
You have to do a forum search......

Alot answers to alot of questions can be found you just have to do some work...

The kickstand issue is simple...

GREASE THE PIVOT JOINT....
or spray with a wd40 or something like it.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,235 Posts
1. Welcome from SoCal.

2. Break up your novel into a few sentences and add a couple enters to space it out. Super hard to read.

3. Not all bar/riser changes are for comfort/discomfort. I had the stock setup on my first Warrior and rode 11k in 5 months and never felt pain or discomfort. My current Warrior came with the Yamaha TT bars (which I had eyed before when I had my first Warrior) and have ridden around 13k on them and never felt pain or discomfort. I was going to put these bars on my first Warrior but I totaled it before I had the chance.

4. As @Desertboy13 said, grease or WD40 it. I've never had an issue using my foot to put it down but a while back it got a little sticky. Some lube went a long way.

5. Again, as @Desertboy13 said, there are plenty of discussions regarding bar-riser combinations, control cables/hose extensions, and other opportunities to adjust routing that is safe to ride with. I know for the brake line, a lot of guys are able to just re-route it and gain enough slack to work with their adjusted control setup.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Welcome from SoCal.

2. Break up your novel into a few sentences and add a couple enters to space it out. Super hard to read.

3. Not all bar/riser changes are for comfort/discomfort. I had the stock setup on my first Warrior and rode 11k in 5 months and never felt pain or discomfort. My current Warrior came with the Yamaha TT bars (which I had eyed before when I had my first Warrior) and have ridden around 13k on them and never felt pain or discomfort. I was going to put these bars on my first Warrior but I totaled it before I had the chance.

4. As @Desertboy13 said, grease or WD40 it. I've never had an issue using my foot to put it down but a while back it got a little sticky. Some lube went a long way.

5. Again, as @Desertboy13 said, there are plenty of discussions regarding bar-riser combinations, control cables/hose extensions, and other opportunities to adjust routing that is safe to ride with. I know for the brake line, a lot of guys are able to just re-route it and gain enough slack to work with their adjusted control setup.

Hope this helps.
Thanx, I never really considered doing a query search, I just followed some title headings under FAQ so I should have dug deeper.

I agree my post was rather long but I honestly just didn't want to offend anyone so I figured being perfectly clear was the best way to go. Thanks Again for the info. on the bike and my poorly structured paragraphs, but adding spacing would have just made it longer. LMFAO.

PS: If I hadn't added spacing to Fuelcock maybe it wouldn't have been censored, or maybe someone would have said, "Hey mister we use the term Fuel Penis on this Forum, clean it up" Peace

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
Weeeelllll, I just crushed up some adderall and took 2 huge rails to finish this novel you wrote.
Now that I can focus depending on the bars there are many different options.

Stock bars you can get some pullback risers. Stock risers and you can get some bars with more pullback.
Most of the time the stock wiring and cables will make it.
I got Yamaha TT bars along with 2" risers which gave a lil more pullback and rise and wiring and cables all worked as well.

Also when searching use google which is much easier.... example " your question site:www.rswarrior.com"

Like the others said clean the pivot area really well, get rid of grime old grease or road snot. Lube it up good and it should be good to go. Behind the kickstand there is a stop/bumper, what many have done is install a longer bumper or put a piece of hose so that the kickstand sticks out a little more. If you need more then check out this thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts