RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hello, I've been reading the forums for some time now, and hope to go pick up my new Warrior in a few days. I will be purchasing a red 06 Warrior. I am moving from a 1996 Honday Magna VF750 which I dearly loved. I have already made a huge list of upgrades and mod's for my new warrior some of which are: from Yamaha - Billet cam cover, chrome air assembly, billet frame inserts, chrome fender stays and the inner fender eliminator kit. A PC III usb from RC Performance, sissy bar from Scooter Works and Iso grips with stilleto ends from Wingthings. Over the winter break I intend on doing the 240 conversion from Performance Edge.
I have been looking at warriors since their birth in 2002 and just recently test drove one (big chubby lol). If you have any thoughts or advice I would love to hear from some of you. I will post photos as soon as I can. Thanks for all of the posts and thanks rswarrior for the forums I have already learned a great deal.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
welcome to the site! if you have a dremel you can save yourself 60 bucks and do the fender eliminator kit using the existing one. do a search on "mud flap chop" think there is a pretty easy how to on here. i had problems with my origional yamaha fender eliminator kit. it kept cracking. took me buying it twice to realize it was a POS!

·
Registered
527 Posts
welcome to the forum. i too came from a honda bike(honda shadow aero) just wasnt enough bike for me. yes, this is a great forum where you can post your questions and ask for advice. i just started looking at mods for my warrior and i wont make a move until i ask the forum about a certain mod. the warrior is also a great bike, now go get your warrior!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome,why not buy a used one that will have most of the things that you want on it and save a lot of money for a lot more things that you gone want to put on it.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because I've never had a "new" bike before and buying and adding accessories to a "stock" bike is all the fun. I've been looking and even buying a used bike I'm not going to save a lot of money and would have to drive 1000 miles just to pick it up. I want a bike that will be MINE and not just a hand me down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I just got my warrior a couple weeks ago. Although I went with a used 02 indigo with 8k, I got alot of extras without the huge expense. I went to the local Yamaha dealer and they looked up the VIN # and were able to tell me if the recalls were done and I still had a year left on the warranty. What a deal. I couldn't be happier with my warrior.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Awesome..........and don't believe what these folks are telling that red is the fastest. I ride with another red warrior and he is always in my rear view saying "Faster, faster, faster, I can do it...." LoL!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Welcome and congratz - the red will make your bling stand out but it wont make ya faster -you need mods, the PCIII is not needed til ya put on some pipes and a BAK, Highly recomend the churchkey VBAK obtw.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From what I have read here and other places, the PC III will improve throttle response and fuel mileage (maybe some other small differences) even if the bike is stock. Isn't that why they have a "stock" map? I don't know how soon I will be changing the pipes, the stock pipe is what initially drew me to the warrior, I like it. If I am wrong about the PC III please let me know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts