RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am from Holland so don't watch the mistakes in my sentence....

I have a copple of questions about the warrior. At the moment i am driving a honda sp2 (rc51) and i am thinking about a warrior. I now it is a big change but a copple of days ago i saw one in a showroom in Holland, and it blew my mind. Official the warrior is not for sale in Holland and you never see one on the road. Also the isn't a fanclub to turn to. That why i've turned to this site.

The first question is about the size. I am about 1.75 m and isn't the warrior to big for me? What is the diffrent between a warrior 2002 and a 2005/2006? How much is the price of a warrior in america? and do you now some dealers who wil ship to Holland?

Greetings from Holland.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello, and welcome. It's good to have a fellow Dutchman around (I'm a Vanderpol)

At 1.75M your just a tick below 5' 9", which means that the Warrior should be no problem for you as the stock seating position is relatively low (not exactly sure what it is, but is pretty low).

I don't think there are any significant differences between 2002 and 2005, but I guess the 2006 have different rims. I'm sure those who are more informed will chime in.

As for prices checkhttp://www.cycletrader.com/advancedsearch.html.
That should give you a good listing for what they are going for in thye U.S.. I'm sure with the Euro's will go far with respect to the dollar, but you'll have to take it in the shorts as far as taxes.

P.S. We're still pissed about getting hosed by the bad call when we played Germany last World Cup. This year may be a different story......

Enjoy.

quote:Originally posted by jaap

Hello i am from Holland so don't watch the mistakes in my sentence....

I have a copple of questions about the warrior. At the moment i am driving a honda sp2 (rc51) and i am thinking about a warrior. I now it is a big change but a copple of days ago i saw one in a showroom in Holland, and it blew my mind. Official the warrior is not for sale in Holland and you never see one on the road. Also the isn't a fanclub to turn to. That why i've turned to this site.

The first question is about the size. I am about 1.75 m and isn't the warrior to big for me? What is the diffrent between a warrior 2002 and a 2005/2006? How much is the price of a warrior in america? and do you now some dealers who wil ship to Holland?

Greetings from Holland.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
jaap,

Welcome to the site. The price for a Warrior in the US advertises for $12,399 to $12,699 USD. That equals approx 10,217 EUR to 10,464 EUR. Of course. that is the starting price. The price is negotiable. But you shouldnt see it priced any higher than that.

As far as your size 1.75m (5 feet 9 inches) is not too short for this bike. The difference between the years is that Yamaha has changed some of the design of the motorcycle. They have changed the seat, handlebars, turn signals, driver and passenger footpeg location, and they recently changed the wheels for the new model. Also every year has had a different choice of colors.

This is not the only changes they have done to the Warrior since it first came out in the US, but it kind of gives you an idea.

It also gives others a chance to jump in on your questions and add to what I have already said.

Welcome to the website,
Dave

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hello Jaap:

I am quite sure I saw a website of a Dutch guy Warrior linked to this forum. They should be selling the Warrior in the Netherlands.I mean, the European Yamaha Center is in Shiphol,Amsterdam. I myself bought my mini fairing, lower cowl and saddle bags from a moto store in Almere,Flevoland.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm 5'8" (1.73 meter) and 150 pound (68.03 kilogram) and don't consider the warrior too big for me. You should bea able to get a feel for it just sitting on it, but becareful it's addicting.

·
Registered
349 Posts
welcome to the forum JAAP. you will thoroughly enjoy the Warrior. I'm 5'9 and I have no problem handeling the bike...unless somebody blows grass on the road in a curve...

·
Registered
151 Posts
sell your first born if you must but find a way to buy a warrior you will never regrete it. ok maybe your first born is a little excessive, sell the second kid

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Hey Jaap, welcome to the site and the world of the Warrior. If that guy in Holland is going to sell you an old unsold 03 model then make sure you get a HUGE discount. There are some bike shops who'll ship you a bike in from the US but it isn't cheap. DK Motorcycles in England ship new Warriors into the country from the USAhttp://www.frappr.com/europeanwarriors

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
get one!
amaze your friends!
be the envy of everyone, everywhere!

Welcome... and best of luck in procuring a Warrior for yourself... it is the MOST amazing bike I have ridden...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
wow, pretty cool to have some more europeans on this site. makin me feel a lil more worldwide today. welcome to the site and get that bad boy, u won't regret it.
i think ur size won't b an issue and i dunno know bout shipping or prices over there. sorry, can't help with that, but, if somehow u manage to get one, congrats. not that much difference in the year models. welcome aboard.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Hi Jaap the height is not a problem just get the warrior and you will not regret it.
Just check and see if there are any local or just test ride one. But if not they are
great bikes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts