RS Warrior Forum banner
  • Warrior of the Quarter Challenge 23Q1! Enter your bike HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2007 Yamaha Raider
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just picked up a '07 Warrior with about 22k miles on the clock for a pretty decent price. It has some mods already, which also complicates things a little bit.

The good:
  1. It runs, transmission shifts.
  2. No major electrical concerns (someone did put all LED signals front and back, so the click of death is there).
  3. Overall bike is pretty much complete aside from what was removed for mods.
Mods:
  1. LED strips everywhere. Already tore most of that junk off.
  2. LED signals front and back. Rear turn signals relocated to fender via extra holes (not a fan of this)
  3. Removed AIS.
  4. Aftermarket dry break under the tank.
  5. Aftermarket risers, handlebars and grips.
  6. K&N air filters.
  7. RC Components Outlaw wheels.
  8. RC Components pulleyrotor setup in the back. RCC brake rotors up front.
  9. Supreme Legends forward controls.
  10. Vance and Hines big shots exhaust.
  11. Lowered in the rear with some parts from Baron.
The not so good:
  1. Drive belt snapped and is missing.
  2. The rear pulley is worn out and the rear brake caliper bracket is missing. No rear brake on the bike at the moment. Contemplating picking up a 65T DNA Brakester to replace the setup.
  3. Tires are old and need to be replaced.
  4. Many of the aftermarket chromed pieces are corroded and flaking.
  5. Front forks are leaking. Maybe a seal cleaning will help.
  6. Fuel tank has a medium size dent and paint damage on the left side. Appears fixable with some creativity and paint.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Window Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

· Administrator/Super Moderator
'05 Midnight
3,782 Posts
Wow!! Welcome from Los Angeles!

You’ve got quite the project on your hands! Overall looks like it’s in good shape but definitely some TLC (and a belt to go and a brake to stop) needed.

Seems like you know your way around a Warrior pretty well. Let us know if you’ve got questions.

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome from Germany, ride safe ....... ah, wait a moment ....... be careful using tools while working on your Warrior. ;)
Congratz, looks like a great project ! (y)
Have fun and keep us in the loop, as we love pictures and cool stories.

Thommy

· Registered
67 Posts
holy **** thats one crusty bike! good luck dude. much potential.

care to say what a "decent price" was?

· Registered
2007 Yamaha Raider
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome :) The license plate holder has BMS engraved on it if that helps at all. As far as price, I paid $2k for it, which is a good bit less than what I normally see Warriors priced at here in H-town. I think most of the crusty bits are the aftermarket chrome parts. They just don't seem to last. Dirt and grime should come off easy enough, but the flaking chrome will be more of a challenge. I have a media blaster though, so I can clean things up as I go and probably end up going with black paint.
The rear brake setup is my first conundrum. RC Components would be the first stop for parts there, but I'm sure the price will be impressive. From measurements, the wheels have the HD 5 on 3.5 bolt pattern for the belt pulley, so something like a DNA Brakester will bolt up. DNA doesn't have the 70T 1-1/8" setup in stock though, but I can grab a 65T 1-1/2" off eBay....but then there's the question of going to a wider belt and changing the front pulley to accommodate that or running the narrow belt on a wider pulley (likely temporary). I've seen one member post about getting the DNA kit installed, but not real technical details on what it took to get it setup.

· Premium Member
5,812 Posts
Yes that is an old school Broward Motorsports license plate holder. I am sure with a good cleaning the bike will present much better as well as cleaning those K&N's.
You can use a Roadstar 33 tooth front pulley which is a bit wider than 1-1/2" but it needs to be modified to fit since it is so wide. Hit me up on my DM so that I can help you further if you would like to source one.

· Registered
2007 Yamaha Raider
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that is an old school Broward Motorsports license plate holder. I am sure with a good cleaning the bike will present much better as well as cleaning those K&N's.
You can use a Roadstar 33 tooth front pulley which is a bit wider than 1-1/2" but it needs to be modified to fit since it is so wide. Hit me up on my DM so that I can help you further if you would like to source one.
I'm thinking I would need to stay at 32T up front or drop down to 31T if I end up with the 65T rear pulley. From the limited searching I've done, it seems that there are some 1-1/2" pulleys from Roadstars with 32 and 31 teeth. I'm guessing they will need some machining to fit properly too.

· Premium Member
5,812 Posts
I'm thinking I would need to stay at 32T up front or drop down to 31T if I end up with the 65T rear pulley. From the limited searching I've done, it seems that there are some 1-1/2" pulleys from Roadstars with 32 and 31 teeth. I'm guessing they will need some machining to fit properly too.
Look into that but the 32 tooth pulley was changed to a 1-1/8" width when they went to 1700cc's. I am not 100% sure on the 31 tooth pulley as there have been various manufacturers of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts