RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hail Warriors! I am a rider from NJ that has an eye for the midnight warrior. I am not nuts about the look of most cruisers but the midnight warrior really looks sweet. One of the things I am interested in is cost to own. What does it cost to keep it maintained? How often is the mfg maintance interval? How long do tires last?
I ride all year round, a mix of interstate and twisties and I can do some work myself (such as oil change).
I know there are a lot of variables to these qeustions like riding style and region but I am interested in your experiance.

·
Registered
356 Posts
First, Welcome to the 4M brother....Second, all those questions really depend on what type of mods you do and how aggressively you ride. So one by one:

Cost to own:
1. Roughly 100 miles to the tank, $6 to $8 bucks per tank for gas. You can do the math.
2. Oil changes, once per year unless your doing long distances, racing, etc. then more often.
3. Periodic maintenance: Initial 600 miles, then 4000, 8000, 12,000, 16,000 and 20,000 for fuel line, spark plugs, valve clearance, crankcase breather system, EFI and exhaust.
4. Stock tires = 3,000 to 6,000, sometimes more, sometimes less. There are guys who have gotten 10,0000 out of the Avon's. I only got 3,000 out of my Dunlop 220's. The Metzeler 210, probably around 2,000+.

At the end of the day, no they're not very expensive to maintain. But like ekmaint said the mod bug will get you, eventually, then watch out....[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Welcome rancity!I think RkyMtnWarrior covered it well.The most expensive things are the mods and constantly replacing the rear tire from to many burnouts.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
The Warrior unfortunately, is very costly to maintain. Your gas bill will always be high, and you will be changing tires at a high rate... of course, that's because you'll never want to get off the thing.

Other than that, owning a Warrior is relatively cheap, and problem free.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Looks like all of your questions have been answered so that just leaves me to say, Welcome & best of luck in your search for a midnight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the information. As far as the expens of gas, tires and mods they are just not avoidable.
I currently ride BMW. I do not mind doing some work but I have no desire to spend an entire weekend performing a routine maintanace and no longer want to spend $400+/year at the dealer. BMWs are great machines but you really pay for it.
Looking forward to aquiring a warrior

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome. Japanese bikes are far cheaper to maintain especailly compared to Harley's! However, the Warrior is very expensive because there are so many things you can do to make her better, faster and more comfortable. If you buy one, hope you're not married!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
rancity,

Welcome to the forums!Since your questions have been pretty much answered, all I can say is "Looks are everything!"

And you can't beat the looks of a Midnight Warrior...[8D]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Welcome,
Yep you will not have the maintenance & costs that the BMW have. The reason I don't own a BMW,I really wanted a rockster, and a BMW dealer even told me to stay away if I didn't want to have to keep bringing it back in for maintenance. Good luck getting your new bike!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts