RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was layin through some corners today when I hear this unfamiliar "scrape"sound. I grind the pegs all the time ....it's even leaned over enough to grind the foot peg mounts ,but today I actually scraped the acorn nut that holds the pegs on.
that's as far as I have leaned it over..what's next to hit after that nut?

-CS

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was layin through some corners today when I hear this unfamiliar "scrape"sound. I grind the pegs all the time ....it's even leaned over enough to grind the foot peg mounts ,but today I actually scraped the acorn nut that holds the pegs on.
that's as far as I have leaned it over..what's next to hit after that nut?

-CS

After that you screw up your pipes like I did:eek:
Lucky they are just scraped though, nothing too bad

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I've done that a few times. And surprisingly, the bike stayed upright :)

I'm been a little leery of turns since I dumped a friends harley 3 years ago....

I sold my Victory Classic Cruiser just before I met her. So was without a bike for almost 2 years....

First time I was on his bike..... My girlfriend wanted to go for a ride at 10:pM 39 degs out, on a road I had never been on, doing about 50 MPH....came up over a crest of a small hill to a 15 mile an hour right hander. the brush and small trees had covered the sign shortly before getting to the hill.... Well, not enough time to stop, so decided to at least try to slow down and make the turn. Almost there until the rear passenger peg caught. lifted the rear wheel off the ground. knew I was going down and didn't want her to get hurt, so leaned myself over further so I would take the brunt of the hit.... Hit so hard, I passed out only to wake up to find the bike still on me and her pulling it off my legs...She was able to walk away with only a very small bruise on her hip. I wasn't so lucky, broken nose, 4 broken ribs around the back side near the spine.. broken shoulder blade and clavicle and tore the skin off my right knee to the bone. So much adrenaline pumping that I didn't notice any of my injuries until we got back to her place....Laid up for almost 3 month. She thought I was a freak because I did not go to the hospital.... Just sent her to walmart to pick up about 15 ace bandages.... I had been to the hospital before for football, hockey and downhill skiing injuries and knew there was nothing they could do with my injuries except wrap me up....

Oh yeah, the guy didn't have insurance on his Harley. so on top of my injuries I had to shell out almost 6 grand to repair his bike....... I swear that hurt more than being busted up.... :)

So, the first time I scraped the frame on my Warrior and didn't go down, it felt good :)

The frame is next, try it you'll love it;)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol no! I promise you my swing arm is not at that angle ....mine is still at the other angle facing slightly down at the back of the bike not way up like his..you can see across the top of my tire..his is gone. even with serious g load. mine wont look like that.
-CS

·
Registered
437 Posts
The suspension in that pic looks to be loaded, look at fork compression and rear end compression. Many variables here: banked turn? decreasing radius turn? trail braking? clipping radius?.
Wanna hit the curves, head for a cloverleaf interchange, especially concrete, I consider those to be the really tricky ones ...

almost forgot to mention: tire size and tire pressure.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
The next thing that happens is your bike flips over to the other side throwing you off!:eek: Maybe you should raise the rear shock or get a real sport bike like I did.;) (not to worry, now i have two bikes)

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
I was just looking at some pics in your albums that show your bike at lower than stock height in the rear Sangathor !?

I don't remember; does that spring cause it to sit lower?

Here's Lisa's and it is lowered a fair bit in the back ...

And here's mine at stock height:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Are we really pi$$ing over who can lean more?

or who is lowered and scrapes?

Start hitting hard parts- the next thing you will scrape is your A$$ on the ground...

Sangthor's suspension is loaded in that pic, he's shifted his weight also to change the CG of the bike, and he, not the bike, can lean more if he needs to, which will stand the bike up more, gaining him clearance.

Scraping is easy-- cornering fast is hard. Lets try to learn from the better riders instead of whipping out our E-D****S.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.