RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to purchase these grips, but I need to KNOW the left one has set screws to secure it in place. My current one slips while riding and bugs. Anybody have a tried and tru set?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Tried grip glue?

I recently bought a new set of grips because I wanted something plainer, I checked they were the right size and length and got them delivered but they won’t fit without modifying the switch block. I’ve now decided I’ll stay with what I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I have same grips....

And u gotta use grip glue...

Mind sometimes and then I reglue it....

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have those same grips. Didn’t have any grip glue so used blue Loctite and that did the job for me. Someone suggested to me to use Tarzans grip, but I’m to bloody old to go swinging through trees.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you don't want to deal with grip glue, I use hairspay and that has worked great for me! When I remove the grips, I clean em up good with some Isopropyl alcohol, hit it with the hairspray and leave it overnight. Its quite forgiving, you don't need to be so exacting when setting the grips initially. They come off easy with a quick shot of WD40 and there is little to no residue left like you get from glues.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I've tried unsuccessfully to get my grip to stick. My bar end mirrors holds the grip from sliding off so I've gotten used to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just wondering if your grips are 1” going onto 7/8” bars. If this is the case, this is why you can’t glue them. So if you clean the left bar to get rid of glue etc. Then get electrical tape ( your colour choice ) and wrap around until you think you have enough then try your grip.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
If you don't want to deal with grip glue, I use hairspay and that has worked great for me! When I remove the grips, I clean em up good with some Isopropyl alcohol, hit it with the hairspray and leave it overnight. Its quite forgiving, you don't need to be so exacting when setting the grips initially. They come off easy with a quick shot of WD40 and there is little to no residue left like you get from glues.
I`ve used hairspray on several bikes and never had an issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 248960 I am wanting to purchase these grips, but I need to KNOW the left one has set screws to secure it in place. My current one slips while riding and bugs. Anybody have a tried and tru set?
If your left grip has set screws and is still slipping, you need to dimple the bar in at least 2 spots. Take the sets completely out of the grip, use a small hole punch through the set screw hole to mark the bars in at least 2 of the 3 places(I did all 3) then using a small drill bit , deepen your hole punch marks enough for the ser screw to seat down. Since I did this, absolutely no movement in my grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts