RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT 8/19/08: I talked with John Sharp and we decided due to the extra administration that would be needed, we are just going to offerone group of discounts regardless of the number of orders. Pls refer to the 1-10 discount bracket for prices. Disregard the 10+ bracket pricing.

I have been in the market for an HID kit for the Warrior. I currently have the Genuine Auto HID kit from the last group buy. It lasted me about 18 months. I'm not too happy with it...

Anyways, I got in touch with owner John Sharp of SharpHID Inc. He was very helpful in answering all my questions, and I decided to try one of his kits. It consists of a bi-xenon bulb which retains the HI/LO function of your oem headlight switch, a slim 35W digital ballast, a separate ignitor, and all the necessary harness/wires for a plug n play.

I should receive it later this week so I will know better the mounting choices on our Warriors.

Anyways, we got to talking and I figured I get John to give us a discount. He was gracious enough to do so. They also have 55W kits available with a full range of color temps, etc. Here is a link to his webpage for product info and should answer most of your questions:

http://www.sharphid.com/

I have invited John to this link and hopefully he will pay us a visit to answer any questions you may have about his products in the group buy that I cannot answer.

So as an example:

I want a motorcycle kit for the APX35WHILO kit which includes the DDM 35W slim digital ballast, bi-xenon HI/LO bulb, separate ignitor, and all the necessary harness/wiring. It is 1/2* (full kit = $140) + $10 + $15 shipping = $95 total shipped to my door if there are 10 or less kits purchased. If there are 11 or more, then the pricing drops to $90. More than 25 and John is willing to drop even more. This includes lifetime warranty on the ballast and the bulb as well.

We are working on how to take orders specifically for this GB. For now, please post up if you are interested in this GB so we can get an estimate of the number of folks/kits we are looking at. I will consolidate the list here before giving the green light to order. Here is the spreadsheet for the discount pricing:

SharpHID Wholesale Program

All prices are subject to change aftera group buy. Price changes are not guaranteed.

Shipping within the US is an additional $15 flat fee per kit. Shipping to Canada is a $40 flat fee per kit. Shipping elsewhere is calculated on an individual basis. Multiple order shipping discounts available.

Shipping within the US is an additional $10 flat fee per bulb pair. Shipping to Canada is a $35 flat fee per kit. Shipping elsewhere is calculated on an individual basis. Multiple order shipping discounts available.

All orders ship with tracking and insurance via UPS including international orders.

All common bulb types available

Temperatures available: 3000K, 4300K, 5000K, 6000K, 7000K, 8000K, 10,000K, 12,000K, 17,000K, 30,000K

Add $5 for 3000K

Add $15 for D2S/D2R

Lifetime warranty included on all items

APX35W
APX55W
APX35WHILO
APX55WHILO
APX35WBAL
APX55WBAL
APXWIREHARN
APXBOW
APXBP
APXBS
APXBPD1SR
APXBSD1SR
APXBPHILO
APXBSHILO

Description
Ultra Slim DDM 35w Kit
Ultra Slim DDM 55w Kit
Ultra Slim DDM 35w Kit
Ultra Slim DDM 55w Kit
Ultra Slim 35w Ballast
Ultra Slim 55w Ballast
Battery Wiring Harness
Bulb Out Warning Harness Pair
Apexcone HID Bulb Pair
Apexcone Single HID Bulb
Apexcone D1S/R Bulb Pair
Apexcone Single D1S/R Bulb
Apexcone Hi/Lo HID Bulb Pair
Apexcone Single Hi/Lo HID Bulb

1 to 10

10+

Motorcycle HID Kits

APXMC

1 Bulb / 1 Ballast
1/2 Full Kit + $10

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start the list here:

1. mdfdwarrior

2. nmwarrior (1 for Warrior)

3. nmwarrior (1 for other vehicle)

4. Trick's friend

5. [email protected](censor wouldn't let me spell your username lol!)

6. Pep

7. Siradude

8. Shawnzilla

9. Warriorjack

10. SuicideD_45

11. Rt66John

12. Bigblackwarrior

13. ?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here was a question from Trick. Short answer is yes, your buddy can take part in this deal. Check out the webpage, there are many different configurations as indicated on the spreadsheet in my first post.

thanx!

Trick:

couple of question:

is the one you are ordering available in the website, or did he create a hi/lo version for motorcycles? when i went to the website i could only find a low beam only in the motorcyle section.

my buddy just bought a strat and he wants to buy a kit, but is uses 2 seperate bulbs for hi/lo. is he SOL in a group buy?

Trick - the bi-xenon hi/lo kit for our Warrior is an available option as a 35W and 50W on the webpage. There is a section for hi/lo bi-xenon kits for motorcycles. Just follow the link and choose the options.

Your buddy is NOT SOL and can be included in this deal, check out the webpage as well as the spreadsheet under the group buy thread.

I'm gonna copy and paste this on that thread since it's the official group buy thread. Pls ask the questions there so we have one cosnolidated place.

thanx!

****, I can't size the spreadsheet correctly to include the right most info. If anyone wants the spreadsheet, send me a PM/email with your email and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm interested in a HID kit, but cannot decide which temperature to get. Thom, which temp do you and crumbtray have currently? I think I want one that is more white than that, but not totally sure.

I think I have to do some research before I make up my mind for sure...............so put me down as a maybe right now.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Questions...

How far s the ballast from the bulb?

To fit under seat it should be atleast 4'distance from ballast to bulb??

Or is this just 1/2 the kit from an auto usually 1' - 2' distance from ballast to bulb???

Or is this an in-the-bucket assembly?

Here is their color chart...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Scott, the color temp Crumb and I have is 6000K. If you want whiter, stick with the 4300 or 5000. I just ordered a 5000K cuz I have a film lens protector on my headlight. The difference in brightnessbetween the 4300K (brightest available) and 6000K is only about 60 lumens....4300K = 3200 lumens, 6000K = 3140 lumens...

Pep - I would stay in the 4300 - 6000K range. 4300 is like sunlight, a tiny bit of yellow to it, but offers the most in brightness. The 5000K is whiter, more pure but with only 50 lumens less than the brightest 4300K. The 6000K has a slight blue to it and is only 60 lumens less than the brightest 4300K...

Sira - thanx for posting the color chart info. As for wire lengths, these are 1/2 the auto kits so the overall connected length between the ballast to ignitor to bulb is like 18". I am going to mount the ballast where the oem coils used to be and figure something out for the ignitor. I know it's doable cuz member Trick has done it with a similar sized kit....

Also, as the website says, when you get the bi-xenon kit, it comes with the controller and all the wiring necessary to retain the HI/LO functionality of your oem switch...

I'll pencil you guys in on the interested list....

if you have even more specific q's, feel free to post or PM me. You can also email John Sharp directly at: [email protected] just reference the group buy deal here at rswarrior.com. I just heard back from him this afternoon, and he is working on creating a new page just for our group buy. I'll let everyone know when it is ready so you can order direct from them at the discounted pricing..

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Another question....

For the warrior should 35w or 55w be used?

Without melting stuff in bucket...

I would go with the 5000k/35w as for now with what info I have gathered

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
siradude said:
Another question....

For the warrior should 35w or 55w be used?

Without melting stuff in bucket...

I would go with the 5000k/35w as for now with what info I have gathered

Sira - I am told that if your vehicle is designed for a 50W halogen system, the 50W digital HID should be no problem as it draws less current than the halogen system. From what I have read, the 50W is about 30% brighter than the 35W system which is already plenty bright. The stock Warrior headlight bucket is not designed for HID and tends to throw light everywhere. I had to adjust mine down a little to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. The HID is still night and day difference from halogens....One time a buddy of mine had his headlights go out on him on the highway at night through some of the darkest parts on country roads. No problem, we just rode next to each other and used my HID which alone was much brighter than two halogens!

FWIW, I stayed conservative and went with the exact same one as you are considering, 5000K, 35W HI/LO bi-xenon...

Shawnzilla and Warriorjack, consider yourselves added to the list on post #2!

Guys - if we hit the 11 total mark, we can enjoy a further discount!!! (pls refer to update 8/19/08 on first page) John tells me the new page for ordering with this GB will be up very soon!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
*** said:
Thom,

Sounds good to me, now all I need for you to do is install it for me.........

we should all just get together and have a big install party! lol!

I am supposed to get mine this Friday (I paid full price cuz I couldn't wait). Will be doing the install Friday night!

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Put me down as "interested" for now, please. Also, can they do a Bi-xenon 9004 based kit for a car/truck? One that does work and gives you high and low beam from the same bulb??

Thanx

D

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SuicideD_45 said:
Put me down as "interested" for now, please. Also, can they do a Bi-xenon 9004 based kit for a car/truck? One that does work and gives you high and low beam from the same bulb??

Thanx

D

Dan - I believe they have a kit available for your application. I would check in this order...Check out their webpage www.sharphid.com and you can also email John directly at [email protected] with any specific questions. John can also be reached via phone at (510)856-2313

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tostyj said:
Where are you going to put the ballast and ignitor? How long are the wires?.

Tosty - I will know better once I receive the kit this Friday, but there are other members who have successfully installed similar kits. Member Trick mentioned he will try to take some pics of his install...

I am planning on putting the ballast underneath the frame neck where the oem coils used to be. The ignitor will probably be in around the same place. The controller/harness will be somewhere either underneath the tank, under the seat,or in the ais scoop or in the scoop on the intake side...

let me know if you want in...

·
Registered
883 Posts
i was able to take some pics this morning. sorry for the dirty bike. water sux

the ballast

the igniter

the controller and fuses behind the AIS cover

1 - 20 of 55 Posts