RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
is the "high beam" xenon too?

In my experience, w/ the additional light the low beams have, you never have to use hi's, but, if you want to "flash to pass" the you wreak havok on the ballast and ignitor...they don't like to be flicked on and off (besides it takes a few seconds for them to heat up).

Bottom line, I want one, but I would like a xenon low (5000k)and halogen high.

Is that doable?

Nice install Trick...but, I thought i saw an install where everything was under the seat...does anyone else remember that?

·
Registered
963 Posts
The guyI bought my warrior from has it mounted under the tank on the relocation plate. Then extended the cables. I will see if i can get pic's up soon.

Aaron

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
BigBlackWarrior said:

In my experience, w/ the additional light the low beams have, you never have to use hi's, but, if you want to "flash to pass" the you wreak havok on the ballast and ignitor...they don't like to be flicked on and off (besides it takes a few seconds for them to heat up).

Is that doable?

Nice install Trick...but, I thought i saw an install where everything was under the seat...does anyone else remember that?

Big - For our Warriors you can retain the HI/LO function by getting the bi-xenon HI/LO version of the kit. There is a reflective shield that slides up and down, thus changing the amount and angle of light to accomodate the HI/LO function all in HID. No need for a halogen hi bulb as there is no room on the Warrior for that. Unless you are talking about another behicle in which case they do sell just LO beam HID kits as well...

I'll pencil you in on post #2...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thanx Pat! just like I imagined/remembered it!

How is the ballast mounted? double-sided tape?

Trick said:
i was able to take some pics this morning. sorry for the dirty bike. water sux

the ballast

the igniter

the controller and fuses behind the AIS cover

·
Registered
262 Posts
mdfdwarrior said:
BigBlackWarrior said:

Is that doable?

Big - For our Warriors you can retain the HI/LO function by getting the bi-xenon HI/LO version of the kit. There is a reflective shield that slides up and down, thus changing the amount and angle of light to accomodate the HI/LO function all in HID. No need for a halogen hi bulb as there is no room on the Warrior for that. Unless you are talking about another behicle in which case they do sell just LO beam HID kits as well...

I'll pencil you in on post #2...

AWESOME!... How long will this be open for? (so i know how long it will be before i get my new HID's

·
Registered
883 Posts
it's mounted with i-pass like velcro.

stuff is pretty strong. i think 3m calls it heavy duty locking or something like that. i found mine at ace hardware.

and i looked at my ballast. it isn't stamped with a brand like that on sharphid. but looks exactly the same

mdfdwarrior said:
thanx Pat! just like I imagined/remembered it!

How is the ballast mounted? double-sided tape?

·
Registered
336 Posts
we should all just get together and have a big install party! lol!

I am supposed to get mine this Friday (I paid full price cuz I couldn't wait). Will be doing the install Friday night!

I would stopby and lend a helping hand...................drinking your alcohol of course, but I won't be out that way. Maybe sometime saturday I'll give you a buzz if I'm out that way to check em out.

I just remembered, I have a headwinds headlight, that shouldn't make much of a difference should it?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got my kit yesterday afternoon and did a really trick install!

check it out here:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/117742/950801.aspx#950801

Overall, I really like the kit. You need to deal with the limited length of wiring, but all the kits I've seen have the same issues. Overall the compenents feel more solid and seem better madethan the Genuine Auto kit that I had. With the lifetime warranty on the ballast and ignitor, it's a great deal!

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
When the group buy is ready, lets us know how to do the purchase.

Would it be doneby phone orwebsite and what info we need to specify...

mdfdwarrior said:
With the lifetime warranty on the ballast and ignitor, it's a great deal!

Would splicing the wire harness in this kit void the warranty?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
siradude said:
When the group buy is ready, lets us know how to do the purchase.

Would it be doneby phone orwebsite and what info we need to specify...

mdfdwarrior said:
With the lifetime warranty on the ballast and ignitor, it's a great deal!

Would splicing the wire harness in this kit void the warranty?

It would be direct order off a webpage John created specially for our group buy. I should be able to provide the link very soon, just need to verify with John first. All the info you need is within this thread and his product info on the webpage. The warranty is for the ballast and ignitor and bulb so the warranty should stay in tact...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
OK folks, here is the link to order the HID kits for our group buy. This will only be active for about 2 weeks starting from today.

I talked to John, and the pricing changed a little bit. Actually as an extra bonus our pricing for the 35W bi-xenon kit went down about $5! Since this GBis for ANY HID kit they have, some of the car pricing went up and some went down. Overall, not by much perhaps about $5 or so. I would buy one for my car but they already have HID. I might pick up an extra kit just as a spare or for my future bike...anyone know what type of bulb the BKing uses?...

Without further ado, here is the link. All the best!

http://www.sharphid.com/mcgb.htm

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
mdfdwarrior said:
Got my kit yesterday afternoon and did a really trick install!

Overall, I really like the kit. You need to deal with the limited length of wiring, but all the kits I've seen have the same issues. Overall the compenents feel more solid and seem better madethan the Genuine Auto kit that I had. With the lifetime warranty on the ballast and ignitor, it's a great deal!

So, Im dumb.I cant figure out your spreadsheet. How much is it for the kit you purchased MDF? Did you go with the 35wor the 55w?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
RobR - I went with the 35W bixenon HI/LO H4 at 5000K. I just came back from a late night cruise. It is extremely bright and I am very happy with the kit! I can only imagine how much brighter the 50W kits are in real life! They are said to be about 30% brighter than the 35W kits. I may end up buying another kit and trying out the 50W system on another vehicle...

The GB price is $90 shipped to your door anywherein U.S. The spreadsheet is difficult to read. If you go to the ordering link I posted, the kits will be there with the group buy price already configured for us.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thom,

Sharp install, I'm excited. Which hi/lo bulb type do I get if I currently have a stock set up, 9003/H4,H13,9004 or 9007? I'm ready to pull the trigger on this.

Thanks for setting all this up for us.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
NMwarrior said:
Thom,

Sharp install, I'm excited. Which hi/lo bulb type do I get if I currently have a stock set up, 9003/H4,H13,9004 or 9007? I'm ready to pull the trigger on this.

Thanks for setting all this up for us.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

De nada! the correct bulb for our Warriors is the 9003/H4 HI/LO.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had a few questions, and John (w/ SharpHID) was really johnny on the spot w/ answers...so, i just placed my order...I got the 9003/H4 hi/lo (not the bi-xenon's) for 105 coming my way...I'll post back my install.

Thanks for putting this together mdfd!

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I emailed them for a quote for shipping and they have not answered my email yet.

Puerto Rico is considered Domestic for USPS zip code 00961 but I need a quote if any shipping charges apply and instructions on how to order...

hmmm....

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
siradude said:
I emailed them for a quote for shipping and they have not answered my email yet.

Puerto Rico is considered Domestic for USPS zip code 00961 but I need a quote if any shipping charges apply and instructions on how to order...

hmmm....

if you don't get an email reply, just call Joihn Sharp on the phone. He has always answered/returned my calls. Let him know you are part of this GB.

Good Luck!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts