RS Warrior Forum banner

Group Buy Discount on HID kits!

9K views 54 replies 17 participants last post by  nhwarrior 
#1 ·
EDIT 8/19/08: I talked with John Sharp and we decided due to the extra administration that would be needed, we are just going to offerone group of discounts regardless of the number of orders. Pls refer to the 1-10 discount bracket for prices. Disregard the 10+ bracket pricing.

I have been in the market for an HID kit for the Warrior. I currently have the Genuine Auto HID kit from the last group buy. It lasted me about 18 months. I'm not too happy with it...

Anyways, I got in touch with owner John Sharp of SharpHID Inc. He was very helpful in answering all my questions, and I decided to try one of his kits. It consists of a bi-xenon bulb which retains the HI/LO function of your oem headlight switch, a slim 35W digital ballast, a separate ignitor, and all the necessary harness/wires for a plug n play.

I should receive it later this week so I will know better the mounting choices on our Warriors.

Anyways, we got to talking and I figured I get John to give us a discount. He was gracious enough to do so. They also have 55W kits available with a full range of color temps, etc. Here is a link to his webpage for product info and should answer most of your questions:

http://www.sharphid.com/

I have invited John to this link and hopefully he will pay us a visit to answer any questions you may have about his products in the group buy that I cannot answer.

So as an example:

I want a motorcycle kit for the APX35WHILO kit which includes the DDM 35W slim digital ballast, bi-xenon HI/LO bulb, separate ignitor, and all the necessary harness/wiring. It is 1/2* (full kit = $140) + $10 + $15 shipping = $95 total shipped to my door if there are 10 or less kits purchased. If there are 11 or more, then the pricing drops to $90. More than 25 and John is willing to drop even more. This includes lifetime warranty on the ballast and the bulb as well.

We are working on how to take orders specifically for this GB. For now, please post up if you are interested in this GB so we can get an estimate of the number of folks/kits we are looking at. I will consolidate the list here before giving the green light to order. Here is the spreadsheet for the discount pricing:

SharpHID Wholesale Program

All prices are subject to change aftera group buy. Price changes are not guaranteed.

Shipping within the US is an additional $15 flat fee per kit. Shipping to Canada is a $40 flat fee per kit. Shipping elsewhere is calculated on an individual basis. Multiple order shipping discounts available.

Shipping within the US is an additional $10 flat fee per bulb pair. Shipping to Canada is a $35 flat fee per kit. Shipping elsewhere is calculated on an individual basis. Multiple order shipping discounts available.

All orders ship with tracking and insurance via UPS including international orders.

All common bulb types available

Temperatures available: 3000K, 4300K, 5000K, 6000K, 7000K, 8000K, 10,000K, 12,000K, 17,000K, 30,000K

Add $5 for 3000K

Add $15 for D2S/D2R

Lifetime warranty included on all items

APX35W
APX55W
APX35WHILO
APX55WHILO
APX35WBAL
APX55WBAL
APXWIREHARN
APXBOW
APXBP
APXBS
APXBPD1SR
APXBSD1SR
APXBPHILO
APXBSHILO

Description
Ultra Slim DDM 35w Kit
Ultra Slim DDM 55w Kit
Ultra Slim DDM 35w Kit
Ultra Slim DDM 55w Kit
Ultra Slim 35w Ballast
Ultra Slim 55w Ballast
Battery Wiring Harness
Bulb Out Warning Harness Pair
Apexcone HID Bulb Pair
Apexcone Single HID Bulb
Apexcone D1S/R Bulb Pair
Apexcone Single D1S/R Bulb
Apexcone Hi/Lo HID Bulb Pair
Apexcone Single Hi/Lo HID Bulb

1 to 10

10+

Motorcycle HID Kits

APXMC

1 Bulb / 1 Ballast
1/2 Full Kit + $10

See less See more
#27 ·
we should all just get together and have a big install party! lol!

I am supposed to get mine this Friday (I paid full price cuz I couldn't wait). Will be doing the install Friday night!

I would stopby and lend a helping hand...................drinking your alcohol of course, but I won't be out that way. Maybe sometime saturday I'll give you a buzz if I'm out that way to check em out.

I just remembered, I have a headwinds headlight, that shouldn't make much of a difference should it?

#29 ·
Got my kit yesterday afternoon and did a really trick install!

check it out here:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/117742/950801.aspx#950801

Overall, I really like the kit. You need to deal with the limited length of wiring, but all the kits I've seen have the same issues. Overall the compenents feel more solid and seem better madethan the Genuine Auto kit that I had. With the lifetime warranty on the ballast and ignitor, it's a great deal!

#31 ·
siradude said:
When the group buy is ready, lets us know how to do the purchase.

Would it be doneby phone orwebsite and what info we need to specify...

mdfdwarrior said:
With the lifetime warranty on the ballast and ignitor, it's a great deal!

Would splicing the wire harness in this kit void the warranty?

It would be direct order off a webpage John created specially for our group buy. I should be able to provide the link very soon, just need to verify with John first. All the info you need is within this thread and his product info on the webpage. The warranty is for the ballast and ignitor and bulb so the warranty should stay in tact...

#33 ·
OK folks, here is the link to order the HID kits for our group buy. This will only be active for about 2 weeks starting from today.

I talked to John, and the pricing changed a little bit. Actually as an extra bonus our pricing for the 35W bi-xenon kit went down about $5! Since this GBis for ANY HID kit they have, some of the car pricing went up and some went down. Overall, not by much perhaps about $5 or so. I would buy one for my car but they already have HID. I might pick up an extra kit just as a spare or for my future bike...anyone know what type of bulb the BKing uses?...

Without further ado, here is the link. All the best!

http://www.sharphid.com/mcgb.htm

#34 ·
mdfdwarrior said:
Got my kit yesterday afternoon and did a really trick install!

Overall, I really like the kit. You need to deal with the limited length of wiring, but all the kits I've seen have the same issues. Overall the compenents feel more solid and seem better madethan the Genuine Auto kit that I had. With the lifetime warranty on the ballast and ignitor, it's a great deal!

So, Im dumb.I cant figure out your spreadsheet. How much is it for the kit you purchased MDF? Did you go with the 35wor the 55w?

#35 ·
RobR - I went with the 35W bixenon HI/LO H4 at 5000K. I just came back from a late night cruise. It is extremely bright and I am very happy with the kit! I can only imagine how much brighter the 50W kits are in real life! They are said to be about 30% brighter than the 35W kits. I may end up buying another kit and trying out the 50W system on another vehicle...

The GB price is $90 shipped to your door anywherein U.S. The spreadsheet is difficult to read. If you go to the ordering link I posted, the kits will be there with the group buy price already configured for us.

#40 ·
siradude said:
I emailed them for a quote for shipping and they have not answered my email yet.

Puerto Rico is considered Domestic for USPS zip code 00961 but I need a quote if any shipping charges apply and instructions on how to order...

hmmm....

if you don't get an email reply, just call Joihn Sharp on the phone. He has always answered/returned my calls. Let him know you are part of this GB.

Good Luck!

#44 ·
BigBlackWarrior said:
Got my kit today...looks nice...i'll report back as soon as i get it installed!

good to hear - keep us updated!

I'm not even sure who all participated? If you went in on this GB, let us know.

Last I talked to John, he was planning on running it til the end of August but I see the ordering page is still up so if you want in I'd do it asap before the page is disabled...

#46 ·
Got my 35 watt Hi/Lo kit on Monday and just finished the Install tonight.

I was a real moron, I put everything together and hooked it up to my jumper battery on Tuesday to test everything out.Turned the key "on" and noticed the light didn't turn on. I e-mailed John who was a real sport and tried to help me troubleshoot until I realized that the headlight doesn't turn on until the engine is actually running. Point is John is a great guy and communicates promptly.

I did Thom's Trick install which works great! Can''t comment on the brightness yet since I haven't gotten a chance to ride my bike yet. Currently have nobrake lines (waiting for a set from Galfer).

I think I'll get a set of these HID's for my truck.

#47 ·
Unfortunately, I got the wrong kit. Looks like a got a 9004/9007 kit. I can't determine yet if it was me who ordered the wrong kit or they sent the wrong one. I just emailed John 2 min ago. He replied to my last email within 30 minutes of my sending the question, so I have no doubt he'll work with me to get the right kit in my hands.

#48 ·
NMwarrior said:
Got my 35 watt Hi/Lo kit on Monday and just finished the Install tonight.

I was a real moron, I put everything together and hooked it up to my jumper battery on Tuesday to test everything out.Turned the key "on" and noticed the light didn't turn on. I e-mailed John who was a real sport and tried to help me troubleshoot until I realized that the headlight doesn't turn on until the engine is actually running. Point is John is a great guy and communicates promptly.

I did Thom's Trick install which works great! Can''t comment on the brightness yet since I haven't gotten a chance to ride my bike yet. Currently have nobrake lines (waiting for a set from Galfer).

I think I'll get a set of these HID's for my truck.
Glad to hear it NM!

John, sorry to hear about the wrong kit. I'm sure it will get sorted out. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.