RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I want chrome fork covers for my '07 Warrior and I do not want to cut the forks myself, nor buy a set of covers and have someone cut them 1/8' to short. So I called BMS today to see if they would trim the covers for me. They are interested.

I am looking at getting the brushed metal covers cut,andhave BMSchrome and powder coat them, if possible. BMS stated they can cut the smoothand ball mill chrome covers without damaging the chrome.

I am wondering how many otherswitha '06 or later Warrior would be interested in fork covers as a group buy.I do not know the cost but if we can get enough interest, maybe BMS can do this for closer to the retail cost of the fork covers.

So who is interested?

1. 06_warrior

2. chris1611

3. Dax007

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
It doesn't help your group buy any, but I do know someone that would be willing to polish your actual forks.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CADFather said:
It doesn't help your group buy any, but I do know someone that would be willing to polish your actual forks.

I know that person too. Thought about it but I would like a fatter lookingfront end

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone else interested????

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[No message]

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chris1611 said:
I am interested (I think).I'm having a hard time picturing what your describing?

Here is a picture of the fork covers

Installed after being cut

Closeup shot

·
Registered
727 Posts
CADFather said:

It would help if you knew someone who could polish my knob... that is a story with a happy ending!

Why do you have to cut these - are the 06 forks shorter than the older models?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fastby250cc said:
CADFather said:

It would help if you knew someone who could polish my knob... that is a story with a happy ending!

Why do you have to cut these - are the 06 forks shorter than the older models?

yep and the brakes are also different. One of the few changes to the Warrior.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
papajakx said:
why are the covers two piece? I just took mine off to get them chromed and they are one piece?

ps whats up sean!?

Either you only took off the lowers or you don't have Yamaha forks or they were stuck together ???Which one is it?

Sup PapaJakx

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mr Noize II said:
papajakx said:
why are the covers two piece? I just took mine off to get them chromed and they are one piece?

ps whats up sean!?

Either you only took off the lowers or you don't have Yamaha forks or they were stuck together ???Which one is it?

Sup PapaJakx

Its all one solid tube...... they are not stuck together or anything.... and thats they way it came when i bough the bike new and its an 06.. any ideas..?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last call

And I too would like to know the price.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just spoke with BMS again. I had dropped the ball due to issues at work and home kept me busy.

I hope to know something that I can sharethis week. It does sound good unless you want the ball mill covers which will cost more..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts