RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
papajakx said:
Its all one solid tube...... they are not stuck together or anything.... and thats they way it came when i bough the bike new and its an 06.. any ideas..?
You sure your talking about the fork "Covers"? Yes the front forks are all one tube but the covers are 2 peice. One lower section between the axle and brace and then again between the brace and top of the tripletrees.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
NorCalWarrior said:
If it's not too late I am interested, if the price is reasonable

thx

Not to late.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I talked with BMS on Friday. They purchased a set of covers to determine what effort was needed.

While they have yet to provide a price, they are looking at three options:

1. Make a set of BMS custom fork covers for the all 06+ (might be cheapest opition)

2. CUt forks covers in center and weld them back together to keep the lip at top

3. Cut fork tubes at the top (second cheapest)

I may not be able to follow up next week with him, but if he calls, I will post an update.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here are sample pics from BMS that were sent today. No price yet.

·
Premium Member
8,759 Posts
parkinglot said:
I am interested, but I took my front signals off. Is that going to make me odd one out??

[*]
Not at all ... the upper covers come with2-chrome spacers of different heightsto accomodate your preference
[/list]

Thanks for setting this up.. Dave
Here you go w/o Factory T/S

·
Premium Member
8,759 Posts
Mr Noize II said:
Here are sample pics from BMS that were sent today. No price yet.

This is Option 3 from your early post here: http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/129899/1052681.aspx#1052681and can be replicated on a common Metal Lathe that has a 3-jaw chuck and 2-1/2" I.D. approxhollow spindle using a thin parting cut-offtool to cut the aluminum tube at a high spindle speed.

Jim aka youngjadid an excellent detailed step by stepwrite-up as you know here: Cut down and installed lower fork covers and moreusing hand tools and his Yankee ingenuity and it came out perfect

IMHO, the only critical or discriminatingtasks of this job (if done on a machinist lathe) is cutting off 3/4" from the proper end and protecting the chromesurface from damage and adhering to Jim's warning regarding the proper direction to file the part w/o peeling the chrome or when removing the masking tape. If inclined, an o-ring groove can be cut as well for a different size ring.

If there areany imperfections on the beauty facethis lowertube can be rotated 360 degrees for the best presentation. The only liability here is the quality or adhesion of the chrome plating which is minimized when using the lathe and parting tool.

BTW, hats off to Mr Noize II for setting up a Group Buy from BMS

21 - 30 of 30 Posts