RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I'm considering setting up a group buy on helmets. Nothing is solid yet, but the opportunity came up and I thought I would put it out there to see if there is any interest. I'm thinking perhaps a straight % discount or something like that based on volume to keep it simple, and open to different brands, etc.

I've organized group buys for folks here before and thought I would just see if there is enough folks interested. I myself am interested in the new Scorpion EXO-1000.

So if you are interested, pls post up with brand and model of helmet you are interested. If there is enough volume, I can work to solidify the details of the offer.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Do I hear Crickets? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I would be interested in the Shoei Multitec.
Already have a Scorpion exo-700.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by akitadog

Do I hear Crickets? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I would be interested in the Shoei Multitec.
Already have a Scorpion exo-700.

lol! I think we do...

darn - They don't carry Shoei's sorry. But they do carry Arai's?
thanx for breaking the silence anyways! lol!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would be interested in either the Scorpion EXO-1000 or the HJC AC-12 Carbon... which ever has the best price!! /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
121 Posts
EXO-1000's won't be out till late August possibly September according to Scorpion. Should have Suomy on board as well by next week. [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I really like the idea of the EXO-1000 but don't know if the flip-down visor will fit over my glasses. Also, I'm not sure how Scorpion builds their helmets. After reading that Motorcyclist article in June 2005 which showed the EXO-700 transmitted the most force to the brain, I e-mailed Scorpion and asked about it. They said "they build the helmet and send it to Snell". Does that mean they build it to Snell standard or just overbuild it (hence its extra weight) to be sure it passes. I like the idea of the AC-12 Carbon but I will buy the 'softer' ECE standard available in Europe. It alledgedly transmits about 25% less force to your brain. I need all the remaining brain cells I have left!! Having said that, I really like my Scorpion EXO-700 which I bought before the article came out.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fcwarrior - would you happen to have a link to the article? that's good info to know...

Hey Adrian - I think there are a few who would be interested in a great deal on the HJC AC-12 Carbon....

·
Registered
727 Posts
A very good friend of mine out of Montreal, Canada is a designer for several of the big helmet manufactures. Recently, he has more of an interest in the safety of his helmets as opposed to the design of a helmet and its design function (visor change systems, front flip helmets, venting, etc). He has some unique insight in that he works with all of the helmet standards and has a very different view on each. I will see if he could write something that I can throw up on here, but basically here is what I recall from our most recent conversation.

DOT compared to Snell foundation. DOT only requires the helmet to be subjected to a single impact at a much, much lower force than Snell does. Snell not only subjects helmets to an enormous initial impact - they then require the helmet to perform a second impact with another big impact. As a result, if you are involved in a lower speed incident with a DOT helmet, it will most likely provide you with a lower likely hood of impact to your 'brain' as you put it /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

The Snell, because it requires a much harder foam and energy absorbing material at the same low speed incident will most likely give you more impact to the brain than the DOT helmet. If you were to be involved in a high speed incident - odds are the Snell is going to give you a better chance of absorbing the impact and subsequent impacts thereby allowing you to 'survive'. This is why you will never see a Snell front flip or modular helmet - there is not way it would survive anything beyond the initial impact due to the front flip mechanisms. Snell is a true safety foundation and from the sounds of it are very concerned with survival versus concussions some would say. The Snell standard is an ever progressing safety standard and the rumor is the next Snell certification is going to be the hardest ever to meet for helmet manufactures.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by bogartxr

would be interested in nolan?

which particular model? Just post up and Adiran will get back to you.

papa - did you get your pricing on the HJC yet?

·
Registered
394 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

quote:Originally posted by bogartxr

would be interested in nolan?

which particular model? Just post up and Adiran will get back to you.

papa - did you get your pricing on the HJC yet?

nop, not yet..[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello Gentlemen [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif],

I am trying to build this company with quality products. So for everyone that has emailed/PM'd me regarding the Brand of helmet they want, thanks. It isn't easy convincing these companies that your a serious retailer. Some have heard my pleas, while others apparently have enough business. Must be nice.

Thanks for all that have ordered and the ones that have helped me in this endeavor, it means more than you could know....special thanks to the Chicago area boys. [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Nolan helmets, waiting on contact from the distributor.

HJC same answer.

As far as the EXO-1000's go. I could take pre-orders, many of the other guys are. What do all of you think?

****OH BY THE WAY. SCORPIONS ARE NOW UP AND FOR SALE ON THE SITE.

****SUOMY ON SALE NOW

(If your interested in an older model year, email me I can sometimes find them in various sizes for better pricing).

Insert Image:

96.15KB

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Adrian--
I think Shark make ECE standard full face helmets for sale over here. Is there any chance you could get HJC AC-12 Carbon helmets built to the ECE (not Snell)? There's one called the HJC Lordship which I would buy if you can get it. I can wait:}

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

fcwarrior - would you happen to have a link to the article? that's good info to know...

Sorry, only just saw this. It's in the June 2005 Motorcyclist magazine. It may be herehttp://www.motorcyclistonline.com too but I haven't checked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
"I think Shark make ECE standard full face helmets for sale over here. Is there any chance you could get HJC AC-12 Carbon helmets built to the ECE (not Snell)? There's one called the HJC Lordship which I would buy if you can get it. I can wait:}"

I truly wish I could say yes to FCWarrior. If I read you correctly, your asking if I could get one built to ECE standards? Not at this stage, maybe a few years down the road. If HJC makes them to ECE standards in the AC-12 Carbon, for sale in Europe, and I can get a hold of one? is the question, let me ask some of the other dealers in my area.

It may be a few days. This week is booked for real career business. But I'll be in touch. [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts