RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody was interested in doing a group buy on integrated taillights. I ordered a set last week and called to see if they would work a deal for any of our members and they said they would do so. They need at least 12-15 people and are willing to let them go for $95 a pair and $6 shipping. Im sure that if we exeed that number the price will continue to drop. They have the taillight in clear and smoke. The website is:

http://www.xdcycle.com/store/product.php?productid=312&cat=149&page=2

If anyone is interested post it and we will get the process rolling. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I bought mine for $85. From Phats I believe. I think CruiserCustomizing.com was less then $90 also. A group buy on that product would probably be easy to get going but it doesn't serve much purpose if you're going to pay more for it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I thought I was getting a great deal. Should have checked with you guys first. Well, I tried.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Count me in for one, but I think that your pricing may be off a bit. I checked their site the other day and the tailights were $89.95 for the clear(single buy), not $95 as you'd quoted. Smoked was $109.95 I believe. In any case, I would be interested, and probably another buddy of mine iwould be as well.

Marco Polo, I saw them on cruiser customizing's site for $79.95 a few weeks back, then they went up to $85, now they are $112 there I think. I should've posted in the forum when I saw them at the cheaper price!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Idid forget to mention that the $95 dollar price is for the smoked taillight. I can call to negotiate a cheaper price on the clear ones. Let me see what I can work out and I'll get back to you. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
mitskip said:
These are the Clear Alternative brand integrated lights. If you do a search, you will find there have been many unsatisfied customers on this forum. They seem to crap out fairly quickly. The best integrated tail light is found here:

M.D. Wright Inc. "Integrator Kit!"
Mitskip, that's a good price, but you have to send in your tail light assembly, pay shipping and then pay the $60 install fee. Is the extra $$$ worth the trouble? ANd, are the Clear Alternatives that bad for the price you pay? maybe some others that have this light could chime in...let me know please!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I like the sound of the M.D. Wright kit. Will think about going that route this Summer (when it'sway too hot outside),since itrequiressedning the tail light assembly to them.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I haven't had my Clear Alternatives light that long so I can't really speak to reliability but I did research before I got it and there have definitely been people that have had problems with them but then again, there are tons of others who haven't. I felt considering how much easier, quicker, and cheaper it is then sending my light in to be modified it was well worth trying. I have a friend locally who went the other route on his Warrior and when he helped me with mine decided that he liked it better because of the brightness and ordered one himself so that might help someone decide also.

It's a shame that they've gone up in price but when I looked at Phat just now the Smoke was still under $90 but oddly the clear was the one that was more. This was a great idea for a group buy because almost everyone goes to one integrated light or another so kudos on the effort, I just hope they can make it more competitive. It would be nice to get a big batch going at that old price of $79!

·
Registered
248 Posts
sorry but the clear alternatives is not worth it at any price it is not bright enough!!!!! either md wright for those afraid to do it yourself or custom led for those that would like to do it yourself for $99 and is twice as bright as the stock unit. I chose the ufo 3 from high tech speed a couple years ago but found that after two repairs in one year was two much so i went with the new light from custom led and couldnt be happier.i tinted the lense with a product called night shades that you spray on and it looks factory.just my 2 cents worth
http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/INTEGRATORS/integrators.htm
and no i dont work for them im just very impressed

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
needawarrior said:
sorry but the clear alternatives is not worth it at any price it is not bright enough!!!!! either md wright for those afraid to do it yourself or custom led for those that would like to do it yourself for $99 and is twice as bright as the stock unit. I chose the ufo 3 from high tech speed a couple years ago but found that after two repairs in one year was two much so i went with the new light from custom led and couldnt be happier.i tinted the lense with a product called night shades that you spray on and it looks factory.just my 2 cents worth
http://www.customled.com/PRODUCTS/INTEGRATORS/integrators.htm
and no i dont work for them im just very impressed
For $99 that sounds like the cats (_y_) to me. It has different patterns you can select, something that the CA unit doesn't. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
needawarrior said:
sorry but the clear alternatives is not worth it at any price it is not bright enough!!!!!

There you have it. Sweet, now nobody has to make their own decision themself, it's already been done!
Seriously though, thanks for the input and listing a couple of other options that don't get mentioned as much as CA, CD, MDW.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
I recently installed the one from Custom LED, and couldn't be happier. I chose this over the Clear Alternatives because the CA unit looks dim. The Custom LED is extremely bright!

Also, if you look on ebay, you'll find the Clear Alternatives unitall day long for $85.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The one from Custom Dynamics only has 64 LEDs so I wouldn't be surprised if it looked dim. The one I have from Clear Alternatives has over 100 LEDs. Of course that's not the only factor in brightness but mine looks pretty bright to me and I didn't have to cut open my stock lens and mess with anything. It only makes sense the CD ones would be $85 on ebay and to me they still wouldn't be worth it because that's what I bought my CA one for fully assembled and working with way more LEDs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.