RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
The CA tail light is on ebay for 85 shipped! If you do a search, you will see there are many members that have had luck with the CA tail light. But I think you will see more members that are not happy with them.The M.D Wrght is the one to have!

·
Registered
248 Posts
There you have it. Sweet, now nobody has to make their own decision themself, it's already been done!
Seriously though, thanks for the input and listing a couple of other options that don't get mentioned as much as CA, CD, MDW.

i am so sorry to word that in such a hateful know it all attitude,in my very humble opinion ,the clear alternatives light did not have lumens that the other options had and therefore in my opinion was not a comparable replacement to the stock unit. [email protected]&* that ,that light sucks and thats a factthe # of lights has nothing to do with it.for example ifyou have 5000 christmas lights on your house are they automatically brighter thanone flood light.i dont think my comment was a know it all comment i was just trying to help everyone else not waste their hard earned money andunderstand that they have options which is what i thought a forumwas all aboutbut i will leave that up to you guys

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
needawarrior said:
There you have it. Sweet, now nobody has to make their own decision themself, it's already been done!
Seriously though, thanks for the input and listing a couple of other options that don't get mentioned as much as CA, CD, MDW.

i am so sorry to word that in such a hateful know it all attitude,in my very humble opinion ,the clear alternatives light did not have lumens that the other options had and therefore in my opinion was not a comparable replacement to the stock unit. [email protected]&* that ,that light sucks and thats a factthe # of lights has nothing to do with it.for example ifyou have 5000 christmas lights on your house are they automatically brighter thanone flood light.i dont think my comment was a know it all comment i was just trying to help everyone else not waste their hard earned money andunderstand that they have options which is what i thought a forumwas all aboutbut i will leave that up to you guys

Jeff, your such a d!ck.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
That's it Ed! The MD Wright is the only one to have. I've had mine for a year and love it. I didn't read all the posts so firgive me if I'm repeating something, but the MD Wright has a micro switch on it that allows you to choose either a traditional brake light, or a flashing one which is much safer.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I am right along with Pep on this MDW is the way to go.I haven't ridden much with it since I only had it for like 2 months.I sent it to them on a Monday and had it back on Friday.Great people to deal with and it is super bright with the flash mode turned on.total money spent was like 120-130 and woth every penny IMHO!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
i have the md wright one, and it is wicked bright. i had one warrior following me thru some corners last year at night at the dragon, and he said he had to back way off, as the lightseemed to"suck hiseyes from his head" lol

they are bright, and the flashing feature is awsome, 2+ years now with no issues

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I don't know about the MD Wright being the "only" one to have. I just got my Custom LED hooked up and it's super bright. Way brighter then Clear Alternatives. I have seen the MD Wright (on Ed's bike) as well which is also really bright. For those that don't know, the MD Wright's blinker is red, while the Custom LED is a bright yellow. I don't think either is better, just different. If you like the flash alert, but want yellow blinkers, you can get a module or something from Custom Dynamics that will make the Custom LED do the same thing.

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
I see this is a couple months old - but - might as well chime in for posterity!

Respectfully, it could be more a question of numbers. Here's what I mean. There were eight with CA when we did the research, and from that work there were nearly fifty of usthat bought Clear Alternatives. A number of those failed, some after some time, some right away. There werethree MD Wrights in the findings, and I believe another three bought MD Wright -and only one of them failed. I don't have any new data but here's what we discovered last year - before a bunch of us bought:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/48410.aspx

Since then,I've seen five or six posts where a CA failed but they replaced it nearly overnight for free. I'm not defending any position here - just speaking up so the air is clear. Both MDW and CA are good units IMO. There are other good units now too.

Try a search for (include the " quote marks): "Integrated Tail Light" and see what newer infoyou can learn.

·
Registered
679 Posts
It's clear to me that CA is junk.The failure rate is horrible.There was a post last year where 1 person had his replaced 4 times.He finally said that was enough & bought a quality unit from 1 of the other 2 manufacturers.Who cares how fast they replace it.We want to ride our bikes not wait on junk replacement units that we will have to take the time toinstall just tofail again & again.JMHO

·
Registered
940 Posts
i bought mine from ebay, the clear alternatives and im less than impressed.

2 days after i installed it one of the components inside broke i had to break it open to fix this as i couldnt send it back from the uk.

the light is quite bright but the indicators are rubbish when you brake it sort of cancells out the blinkers. we have a ministry test here once a year for our bikes and it failed because of this.

i think the better solution would be chrome exchange as they modify your existing light which is much better, but its the downtime.

totally wasted my money [:'(]

bone

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
Did you complain to Clear Alternatives (CA)? I've had my CA integrated tail light for a few years now with no troubles. Like the factory brake light, the signals are hard to see in bright direct sunlight but that's about it. That being said, from some of the reviews I'm reading this year, I believe CA has cheapened their product, although so far they seem to have stood behind the few failures I've seen posted in the last couple years. At some point somebody willupdate the (VoteHere) reviews in the Product Reviews forum (its somebody else's turn).

In the meantime you should consider posting here so your findings will be handy:

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/48410.aspx

Good and bad comments will help everyone buy the beeeest product available at that time.

bone said:
i bought mine from ebay, the clear alternatives and im less than impressed.

2 days after i installed it one of the components inside broke i had to break it open to fix this as i couldnt send it back from the uk.

the light is quite bright but the indicators are rubbish when you brake it sort of cancells out the blinkers. we have a ministry test here once a year for our bikes and it failed because of this.

i think the better solution would be chrome exchange as they modify your existing light which is much better, but its the downtime.

totally wasted my money. bone

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone uesd the exchange program for the custom dynamics integrated tailights? Also will it work with an 07' warrior. Sorry new to this. please PM me. Thanks everyone

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.