RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all who've voiced an interest in the Tail Light Kit from HighTechSpeed.com,there's an offer on the table from TrickTape.com for reduced price for rswarrior members only as a group purchase,chk out the details here > http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5236&whichpage=3

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ok. I'm in. I am getting ready to put a side mount plate on, and will be removing the entire plastic mudflap honker of a piece...so the signal lights will be gone.

Do I call and order it? or are we waiting until we get 5 people???

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm interested, but got some questions. I'm looking at putting my bike back together. My tail light, license plate light, place holder, and mud flap are broken. Is this light a replacement for the stock tail light assemply, or do the parts go into the stock assembly? What can I get rid of, or in my place, not replace?

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
This kit goes inside your stock tailight. So if your is broke it might be hard inless you can fix it. Then you don't need your turnsignals and you can cut the mudflap down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
t5800512,

How is your light broken? I mean is it shattered or maybe you just have a crack in the black plastic housing or something? The kit is a replacement for all the "guts" of your light. To be honest, I have a lot experience with various lights and housings and if it's just some cracks in the black part (i.e. not cosmetic damage) you could just seal it up with some silicone sealer. If the actual lens on the front is damaged, it doesn't come with a replacement one.

I talked to the guys at Tricktape today, and they are ready to go with the buy - I think 3 or 4 are in already so only 1 or 2 more /emoticons/emotion-1.gif Of course I'm biased /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats excellent spencer,when u get it and have all in,let us know how ya like,I hope you'll enjoy it,I know I do and it get's alot of curriousity.Hope every1 else who's mentioned they were interested,has been able to place there orders and take advantage of the savings,hope to hear alot more opinions on the kit soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nuts, I just check this posting. I see that I'm several days late. My tail light has the outter clear peace brokes off. The lights still work, and are seal up. Yamaha tells me that I can't buy a lense for it; got to get the whole assembly. I was afraid this was a kit that went into my factory light. But I'm still wanting to do it. I will call today and see if they have a replacement lense.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just ordered my kit. Now need to find a tail light to put it into! If anyone knows someone with an extra tail light, please let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have this tail light its cool as **** and very functional as in safty with this i also removed stock tail lites and remade tail lite housing so the plate sits tight against tail lite very clean looking and makes that 200 look more like 250

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm from olathe not saint what ever and whats go-ped under my name for new to forum not to the way of the warrior

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
ig25....."Go-Ped" is your forum rating. We have a rating system.....the more you post the higher the rating.......

t5800512......your dealer is lying to you about the tail light not being available seperatlety.....I have personally purchased 2 new tail lights "ONLY" for right around $75.00 brans new direct from Yamaha........get a new dealer.....or tell your folks there full of S$%^..........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts