RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if this has been discussed before but im wondering if there are enough of us interested in getting a discount on full group rate coverage or if its even possible. maybe carknee could ask this question in "todays poll" & if there are any members that are in the insurance buisness who could get the ball rolling, well its just a thought

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Too many toys (according to the wife), not enough $$$. I'm interested in anything that will keep some of the bucks in the wallet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
quote:Originally posted by PigDog

i dont know if this has been discussed before but im wondering if there are enough of us interested in getting a discount on full group rate coverage or if its even possible. maybe carknee could ask this question in "todays poll" & if there are any members that are in the insurance buisness who could get the ball rolling, well its just a thought

What exactly do you mean?? I dont understand what you are trying to do??

·
Registered
518 Posts
If there were enough of us interested in "signing up" at the same time, they might give us a break. I know my insurance Co. asked me if I belonged to any motorcycle clubs or organizations, and they gave me a break for belonging to the American Motorcycle Assoc.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I just spoke with a close friend of mine (insurance slug LOL) and he said that it would be hard to do because of so many states being involved. BUT if you live in Michigan or norther Indiana he will work with you.
He has access to several companies (Auto Owners, Progressive, ect.) and is great to work with. Last year he saved my family over $3,000 in insurance cost.
If you are interested call Steve at 269-445-2425. Tell him that you got his number here. FYI - He is a BIG Yamaha man too!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I would think that would be the hold back on that idea! Worth a looking into though! My current Insurance agent keeps me in the loop and when my rates go up, they find me somthing better and ask if i would like to change providers. It is always better to go through an Agency, rather than a single insurance company. As Correy said, They have access to many campanies!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
quote:Originally posted by zenmedic

If there were enough of us interested in "signing up" at the same time, they might give us a break. I know my insurance Co. asked me if I belonged to any motorcycle clubs or organizations, and they gave me a break for belonging to the American Motorcycle Assoc.

Thats what I thought he meant but I wasnt 100% sure, thanks for explaining it to me.

I would be interested if anything comes up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Count me in, Although I only pay about $720 for the year for full coverage. That's a good RI rate. A lot better than the $1,600 I pay for the t.a. and the Warrior is cooler and is more of a chick magnet!!!!! WoooHooo!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i guess what we need now is a show of hands posted in a place where we can get an acurate count before choosing a company that would service us nation wide or world wide

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, i see that 166 of you read this post & only 14 responded so i guess it was a bad idea

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It could work, sort of.
You would have to choose a national carrier without Agents. Agents can only sell in one state (over simplified). There are lots of 1-800#'s that would work. If we promised to bring the rest of our policies over to them they would do more for the business. I pay about $330/yr, do better and I would switch. I'm thinking of retiring soon anyway.

However, in the state of Washington, Insurance companies have to apply for rates and get them approved with the insurance commissioner before charging them to customers. So in 18 months we could get a group discount…NOT. Getting a discount for belonging to the American Motorcycle Assoc. would be the best place to start.

ZENMEDIC who gave you that AMA discount?

Hope this helps you guys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lots of sportbike message boards and some car boards do the "Group Discount" thing. You get someone that knows another guy at a dealer or supplier and when you amass several buyers, you submit your orders together to drop the cost. It works very well, usually saving around %20-%30...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts