RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a few hundred miles on this Vmax beast now and must say its incredible. The low end power is mind numbing. Dropping the clutch in 2nd gear at 50mph and the tire will spinenough to createsmoke. Riding at 100 mph and your at 5500 rpm and its as smooth as can be. Hit the gas and in a second your doing 130mph just like that.(oliver has a wiring mod to get top end to 168mph)Handling is great it rides super smooth at all speeds too. My strips are gone and I still haven't hit anything. There are exhausts currently out that make is sound like a dragster. Oliver did a X pipe, stock canson his and dynoed at 195 + RWHP and 125tq. My X-Pipe is on the way I can't wait. There are BAK being manufactured currently so 200+RWHP is going to be fairly easy real soon. Randy (Cruisemissle)is scraping his knee in the corners it handles that good. Today I raced three bikes. A screaming eagle VRod because he said I was scared. He never made it back to the harley dealership we were all atafter the race.The Racewas a joke at all stages. I raced an apriliaRSV a buddy of mine owns and he now respects the Vmaxalot more than before. I was three bikes ahead of him to 140mph when Vmax topped out. I dusted aGsx R 750 but it was just light to light. He was shocked when we pulled in for Gas. He asked "What kind of harley is that?". Its not a Harley its a Vmax I said..I am so happy with this bike and just thought I would share. I will be keeping this one for a very long time.

The New R1 is scary Fast and uncomfortable for me on the street. Maybe to much for this old man for a street bike. I my sell it when the Ducati streetfighter comes out here in a month or two. Its an upright naked street bike with traction control.

This is another Vmax rider but the only mod was the race ECU which changes nothing but rev limiter . Thats awesome...

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Re: Guys this Vmax is for Real!!!!

*sigh* I can see now that I'm gonna have to smoke me a new V-Max with my Harley before it's over just for general purposes.

·
Registered
929 Posts

So what is the Vmax exactly? Would you say it's more cruiser or crotch-rocket or is it supposed to fit right in between?

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I would definatly call it a cruiser and NOT a sportbike. The Vmax guys just say its a Vmax something different than both. Looks like a cruiser to me with a big a$$ motor.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Wow Mike, I am excited for you. I'll have to live vicariously through you on this one. I am $78 away from the title to my Used 03 Warrior. Not much chance of me starting over. Especially with the prie tag the VMax carries. Keep us posted on the progress and the eventual dyno run.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Sounds pretty fun. My Warrior is plenty fast for me -- no need to go any faster. Although, I do scrape my pipes on the Warrior (stock suspension) -- wish I had a little more lean angle on the right side.

·
Registered
562 Posts

Love the Max!
I wouldn't categorize it a cruiser at all... more like a bad a$$ naked bike to me...

·
Registered
549 Posts

I saw one to day in Garner It is off the hook it was on a tralier with a 60 year old guy driving the Toyota. I gawked like a school kid I even pulled him over to talk. He said it was crazy fast and a ball to ride

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Congrats on getting the warrior paid off. Thats a great feeling. If it wheelied better and wasn't so heavy I could see Naked bike. Its just a Vmax I guess. In a world of its own. Yamaha calls it a Power cuiser in the Vmax book that came with it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

Shag said:
*sigh* I can see now that I'm gonna have to smoke me a new V-Max with my Harley before it's over just for general purposes.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING! That's your alarm clock, time to wake up!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts

I always liked the term "Muscle bike" and it seems to fit the VMax so well.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thats it "Muscle bike". Now how to get that in a 5 letter license plate??

·
Registered
929 Posts

So if one of the bike mags did a muscle bike shootout, they would have the Vmax and Vrod in said shootout? That would be great because right after I got my Warrior a guy I work with went and bought a new Night rod thinking it was the fastest factory cruiser. I'd love to tell him to check out the Star Vmax. And no I'm not jealous of his bike, it might be somewhat faster but the Warrior has it OWNED in the looks dept.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Thanks for sharing your opinion on this bike.It's of much more value than any Yami ads could describe.I can see from the 1/8 & 1/4 mile times it could be described as I say about my Busa, "what a rush!".Let us know how you do against 1 if it ever happens.I like your R1.I always liked the way the pipes go under the seat.It makes for a clean look.The only way I would get a Vmax is if I sold the Warrior.I don't see that happening any time soon.

How would you describe the vibration level compared to your R1 & the Warrior?

I'm guessing in between the 2 somewhere?

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Two great Plates. I agree the warrior once modded is the sweetest Vtwin performancecruiser on the market.

·
Registered
890 Posts

Mike, how many bikes do you have? It seems like you have a new bike faster than I get new shoes.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I buy I sell. I have three bikes plus the 4 wheeler. This Vmaxwill slow that down. Ive been looking for my perfect combo for quite a while.I think its gonna be the streetfighter DUC, Vmax and R1. For now...lol..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts