RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a light bar or any ay to enhance the light output on my front end. I have a PIAA Super Extreme bulb which helpws a little, but I want to light up the road.

I noticed today that several companies are offering H.I.D. conversion kits for the H4 socket. They come with ballasts, relays, and connectors and the dewhickey that makes 25000 volts out of 12.

Does anyone have any more info on these? Specifically, do they need more/less power - most I've seen on the web use 35 watts.

They're kind of pricey, but not much more than a chromed-up light bar.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I upgraded my BMW bike with a similar kit. It draws less power than the stock bulb, creates less heat, puts out WAY better light [8D] and they last longer too.
I bought mine from a seller on Ebay (I see them all the time there)

(sidenote) You will only have one "brightness" after the conversion. The HID kits are not HI/LO beam setups.

The kits are all pretty well made. Nice connectors and seals.
My only issue on the BMW was the focus due to the position of the bulb in the housing.
The Warrior should be no problem to fit the bulb, It's at the back of the reflector.
You will need to find a location to mount the HID ballast, as it will not fit in the light housing with the reflector (there's a bazillion wires in there already).
My kit came with 2 ballasts, so my Warrior is "next up" for the conversion.
Just need to do more research as to what actually turns the headlight on at start-up (relay? ECU?) As whatever it is will need to be able to power-up the HID ballast without causing unwanted "side-effects"

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VikingWarrior,

Thanks. All good to know information. My main concern is what "weird" effects I might get. I don't know much about the wiring of this bike yet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[?]I'd still like to know if this will cause any problems with the bikes electrical system or ECU. I haven't found a motorcycle-specific kit yet, but I've found several for cages (meaning they have two of everything). That's cool, because my sweetheart always wants whatever I put on my bike. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

This one looks good by HELLA, but about $600!:http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-6853.cfm

I might still want a lightbar later, but I really want to light up the road. [8D]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts