RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was cruising on a military truck site, and they were discussing "horns that can be heard".sooooo........check this out. i don't know exactly where you would mount the compressor and air bottle, but holy $hit, no cage would miss your horn

be safe

http://www.airhornsoftexas.com/

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
This air horn company 'Rivco' mentioned

bugei said:

do neat twinchrome horns for bikes and include some road stars in there list

so asked them about a loom for the Warrior and got this 'very prompt' response from them

Thanks for your e mail about horn sets or Warriors. To answer your questions
A, yes you must use a relay, B they draw 12 amps and C yes i could and we
would like to design a wiring kit, we currently offer many kits. What We ned
are two things, A we need to be able to sell ( have commitments to buy) from
50 people and B We need a Warrior at our factory for a few days to develop
and design it. And yes it would be a simple plug and play kit with a simple
wire loom . I will forward to you the wiring diagram we send with our
electric horn set so that you can see how it functions. If you can find 50
othewrs on your forums who would want this, then we will find a Warrior and
build the kit.
Best regards Richard Colano President Rivco Products

have a look at the website horns and see what you think - it would answer a lot of threads about how we upgrade the horns
[without the skills of AlanH and the skill men here]

plug and play sounds like the way to go?

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tomba, this was ment more as a joke, most of the air horns on the airhornsoftexas siteneed a compressor almost as big as a warrior motor (actually only one quarter the size 450cc) and an air tank the size of the warrior fuel tank (between 2.5 gallons and 5 gallons). in fact, some of the horns are about 1/2 the length of the bike. i have seen some of the smaller airhorns and compressors on bikes, but this site has the true over kill solution

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
You can also mount a Stebel nautilus on the bike, wire it in with the stock harness like I did and be heard. I hid mine under the right side cover with a modified backet. 139 db of ear-shattering, cager-scaring, head-turning goodness!!!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
bugei said:
i have seen some of the smaller airhorns and compressors on bikes, but this site has the true over kill solution

Hi Bugei - it was a great vid link to some awesome sounding horns
- and i found myself saying 'if only' - but when i saw they did good stuff with looms and having watchedthreads of guys doing some intricate stuff to fit decent horns i just thought this might be a good way into getting a whole 'plug and play' kit that works on all warrior models,seeing as the looms are all but the same from 2002 to 2008 - i've asked them to look at big m*thers and the electric type for cost and fit - these guys do good install vids and instructions and like others here i'm real nervous to start cutting into the loom when i know **** all about it - it seems to me getting loud horns in the right location and lasting more than one season is a might harder than it first seems - got this reply today

Is anyone else interested in following this - up or should ilet it go?

Hi Tom
We will start to look for a warrior for development of amn electric horn
kit. This would include any wire loom and brackets needed to install the
electric horn set. As for the air horn set, the install will be more
difficult and i do not beleive that the look of the trumpets will be well
received by warrior owners, it seems more popular with cruiser and HD
owners.
Best Regards
R colano

1 - 10 of 10 Posts