RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ok, ok. I figure I am an idiot, and yes wiring is a bit of a challenge for me anyway, but out of all the posts I have read, I still don't get it. I have a set of Performance Machine 3 button switches (left and right) and I want them to work bad. Is there anyone out there that haseasy to follow instructions? Also,out of all these questions from other people in the same shoes as me, why the **** don't these after market suppliers have a set up for our metrics? I love the aftermarket parts, but why does it have to be so difficult, why is the killer stuff only for Harley's? Why don't they make the same stuff for metrics? Like Frank Zappa said: It is a lot more of us ugly mother @$%#&#'s out there so watch out. Sorry,just venting a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I can tell it is the same product, just different manufacturer. Wiring diagrams arethe same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
661 Posts
Looks kewl, but....LOL....I know I'm an idiot....what are these used for? Controlling add-on powered kinda stuff? Ruckus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what they are used for, I just don't understand the wiring. I'm changing out the stock switches, and it looks like a pain, but at the same time looks good.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,910 Posts
I'm so interested in what you find out because I want to do the same thing.Do you have 3 switches on the left,and 2 on the right? Are you going to have to get custom cables(yamaha on the bottom and harley on top)?If you would post what you had to do to change from stock to harley I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3 switches on the left and right, I had to get Paul at BMS choppers to make new throttle cables, clutch cables and brake lines with Harley tops and Yamaha bottoms. I did this same conversion on my VTX, no biggie, warriors are just a little different.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,910 Posts
You will have to get a Joker Headlight switch,or a relay of some sort to work with one of your monitary switches for your high low switch. The rest should be hopefully easy.I'm ordering my cables from BMS also.Still have to drill my bars and send out to chrome before i can install everything. If you get billet hand grips,order the bearing that arlen ness sells for the throttle grip.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,680 Posts
Gilly, he was doing this 10 months ago so he probably has already figured it out.
 

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
Joined
·
30,724 Posts
Make a new chart of the wire connections. Use the HD chart at the bottom of http://www.pro-one.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/SwitchHousings.pdfas your base, then insert the Warrior's wire colors replacing theHD wire colors shown in the chart. Use AlanH's wiring diagram with text descriptors for the wire colors and verify them as you go along, his hard work will save your mod.


The left/right signals will be tricky because you have to remember Yami uses one power wire to center, then a wire out to the left and a wire out to the right signal, while HD has the left on the left grip and the right on the right grip. Keep this in mind and it'll make that bit easier. It looks like the rest of the connections arestraight forward.


Keep a copy of your new verified wiring chart in your service manual!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,910 Posts
You are right Oldman. I saw that after I posted and was going to try to delete it,but thought maybe someone might get some use out of it.I already can use what arizona warrior posted so it was worth it to me.Thanks for reminding me to look at the dates.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,964 Posts
Gilly said:
You are right Oldman. I saw that after I posted and was going to try to delete it,but thought maybe someone might get some use out of it.I already can use what arizona warrior posted so it was worth it to me.Thanks for reminding me to look at the dates.
Gilly .... unless Pro-One offers some sequential or flip/flop relay circuits for this device it's not going to adapt to the Warrior handswitch control logic as described in their install sheet. Either way, IMO, it's going to be a cluster $uck as additional components & hard wiringconnectionswill be req'd and some functionality will be lost from the stock controls such as the T/S auto cancel, etc.


The Starter, Horn & High/Low beam (HLB)circuitsshould work out of the box as long as their Horn &HLB switch contacts have sufficient ampacity to handle the directloads w/o using an interfacing relay contact!


The Warrior Kill Switch (KS)requires a N.C. single pole single throw maintainedcontact and not momentary to function properly.


The turn signal PB will need to be held continouslyin order to operate and there will be no interlocking preventing the operation of both signals at the same time. I suspect that there is an aftermarket control unit toremedy the signals.


If Pro-One will substitute the High/Low Beam (ON/ON) for some of the momentary switches it could be a near Turn-Key install for the T/S & KS w/o the auto cancel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Fried Okra said:
Ok, ok, ok. I figure I am an idiot, and yes wiring is a bit of a challenge for me anyway, but out of all the posts I have read, I still don't get it. I have a set of Performance Machine 3 button switches (left and right) and I want them to work bad. Is there anyone out there that haseasy to follow instructions? Also,out of all these questions from other people in the same shoes as me, why the **** don't these after market suppliers have a set up for our metrics? I love the aftermarket parts, but why does it have to be so difficult, why is the killer stuff only for Harley's? Why don't they make the same stuff for metrics? Like Frank Zappa said: It is a lot more of us ugly mother @$%#&#'s out there so watch out. Sorry,just venting a little.
I got a set of Joker Machine knock off's working...What questions do you have?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,964 Posts
Ranger1 said:
Fried Okra said:
Ok, ok, ok. I figure I am an idiot, and yes wiring is a bit of a challenge for me anyway, but out of all the posts I have read, I still don't get it. I have a set of Performance Machine 3 button switches (left and right) and I want them to work bad. Is there anyone out there that haseasy to follow instructions? Also,out of all these questions from other people in the same shoes as me, why the **** don't these after market suppliers have a set up for our metrics? I love the aftermarket parts, but why does it have to be so difficult, why is the killer stuff only for Harley's? Why don't they make the same stuff for metrics? Like Frank Zappa said: It is a lot more of us ugly mother @$%#&#'s out there so watch out. Sorry,just venting a little.
I got a set of Joker Machine knock off's working...What questions do you have?
Ranger1 .... My name is AlanH and not Fried Okra



How do you have the Warrior Turn Signals and Kill Switch wired using the momentary pushbuttons?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
I would think the way to address this would be a latching relay for the kill switch and timer relays for turn signals
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bypassed all the stock wiring and used the Badlands ILLUMINATOR PRO III FOR CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES & HARLEY DAVIDSONS, http://www.badlandsmotorcycleproducts.com/2008/Products/BETCSM.htm


http://www.badlandsmotorcycleproducts.com/Tech-Pages/Illuminator-Pro-III-Diagram.jpg


I did not use the kill switch thats what the key is for. the horn, startand high/low beam used the stock wiring.


I am going to do a complete write up on my Warrior build in a few days, as I just finished it a couple of weeks ago.


PS: Warpig i'm about 100 miles south of Memphis in Winona, MS but as I am writing this I am at my sisters home in Olive Branch. Just throwing that out in case you need some hands on info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
Thanks for the reply I wasn't aware that someone made a purposed product for this very cool thanks for the info.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top