RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of barons Radius bars thinking it was an exact swap for the stock ones, put em on no problem and bought avon grips and the throttle fits on but its way too tight. Fits great on the stock bars. Is there an easy fix to this? Maybe shave down the handle bar? Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Avon Grips Cruiser Air Cushion Grips Standard - Anodized Black - MT-AIR-90-ANO
Item # : 251684

Thats what i bought and yeah it says fits 1" bars. I measured barons radius bars at 1" and at the start it fits fine and twists fine but as soon as i push further it gets real tight. Almost seems like the handle bars get a little wider. It doesn't make sense to me unless its a defect or something.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I put avons on one of my bars and the throttle was sticking. I don't remember how I fixed it but it was quick. avons are my favorite though. feel really good on the hands

·
Registered
92 Posts
Avon Grips Cruiser Air Cushion Grips Standard - Anodized Black - MT-AIR-90-ANO
Item # : 251684

Thats what i bought and yeah it says fits 1" bars. I measured barons radius bars at 1" and at the start it fits fine and twists fine but as soon as i push further it gets real tight. Almost seems like the handle bars get a little wider. It doesn't make sense to me unless its a defect or something.
I use Avon’s and I found a bit of a problem when I changed bars. The throttle felt a bit grabby and when I’d take my hand off sometimes the grip didn’t return. I noticed 3 Allen key screws on the grip. So I though ( I wonder) and I released them. The grip loosened up straight away. I removed all 3 and the grip didn’t come off so wondered why they were there. The left side was the same, but they kept the grip on. So have a look to see if you have Allen screws, if you do loosen them off and see if that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts